Hologram projector

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Coffeeburrito, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

A new scout tool.

Drop a small cube or disc on the ground that projects an infantry unit above it. Bullets would go right through the hologram (naturally), but any damage to the cube/disc would destroy it. It would probably only have like 5hp, so anything would kill it. A scout can also retrieve his cube/disc for later use if it has not been destroyed.

Pros:
    + It's awesome!
    + Scouts become a more front-line class. (drop a hologram to draw enemy fire, while the rest of the squad attacks from behind)

Cons:
    - Noobs yelling "OMG HAX!"

Thoughts?

2. Alceister

Alceister Member

I really don't see too much practical use in this. I mean the average player would be distracted for about 5 seconds.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Reminds me of those sprays you use to see in css of a terrorist or ct aiming at you. haha works well like a spray of a hot chick on the wall to distract or fool enemies. I think this should be added to a list of all good scout revamp ideas.

4. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

5 seconds is more than enough to kill everyone.

I think if at a chokepoint from a distance, people would keep shooting at it. Imagine if the hologram had the appearance of shooting bullets. They would simply believe their bullets to be misses for at least a while.

Besides, if people ignore it, the scout can just stand up and shoot people without fear of being shot at. :D

Edit: Imagine even moreso, if the projector had a built-in speaker to make it sound like it were shooting too.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I like the idea of being able to make it seem like there's more people in an area then there really is too. Not just getting people to waste ammo or be distracted for a little ambush.

Like someone would probably rush in and try to take an area if it seemed empty. But if it looks like there's a few people running around all of the sudden he might think twice or call for back up. Maybe even fake turrets?

6. Spooky

Spooky Member

I Laughed so hard when I saw what this actually was.

How about we remake the projector to project information about empires and how to play it, so that we will have that one extra person to actually draw the enemy fire like there supposed to while there team wins the game.

7. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i thkn falls under the category of "almost a good idea."

well, actually... in duke nuke'm multiplayer these did work to give you a few seconds.

8. OuNin

OuNin Member

A minimap radar scrambler'd be cool.

9. Mr.Scout

Mr.Scout Member

o gosh if i had one of these with current game settings i'd be op'd pretty badly..lol

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Reminds me of MDK, where Kurt could deploy a decoy that consisted of a ballooned up plastic dummy of Kurt

11. kill3rtomato

kill3rtomato Member

That's already implemented, thanks to lag.. I hate kill spawning to main base, only to find out that the enemy APC that the minimap said was in our base was not actually there x_x

Either way, I like this idea kind of.. it's odd, would need work (the idea itself) but something along the lines of a distraction would be fun imo

12. No. 6

No. 6 Member

I doubt a projector would work, but the scout could be given a dart gun with hallucinogens. When it hits someone, they start seeing all hell break lose around them. Tanks roll in from nowhere, explosions everywhere, people constantly shouting "NEED AMMOZ." The person probably knows by now that they've been drugged, but its too hard to decipher what is real and what isn't.

You could also give the scout a knife for backstabbing along with the dart gun, oh and lets just call the scout a spy. Then you could give the rifleman a huge minigun and call him heavy weapons guy. And make the engineer look like some Texan with a hard hat. And the grenadier should just have a nade launcher and be called demoman. Then we can rename the game Team Empires (2?).

13. Spooky

Spooky Member

I fPOOPING hate demomen. As a fulltime +30 hours spy Pyro's are not my worst enemy, those fHOMOSEXUAL demo's are, EVERY TIME IM RUNNING OVER THERE STICKYS CLOAKED!!!!!!! THEY EXPLODE! The demo class is only meant for camping like the noobs that play it do! Not even snipers are that bad campers compared to demo's! They need to be super nerfed because they can take out 3-4 DARNguys on there own if they need too, its a load of bullFECES.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  14. No. 6

No. 6 Member

I was a "career" spy with +140 hours, then it finally came to me that TF2 sucks and I've been wasting my time...ya, just that simple.

Anyway, I think the hallucinogen thing would be more useful than just a still hologram, but I doubt either of these ideas will actually be seriously considered.

15. Gnar

Gnar Member

pretty clever idea, could be super useful to deter enemies from their intentioal target. placeing this in post where the enemy cant really see the full figure, just a portion, and would make a perfect distraction.

The biggest con is how many should be able to be placed at once. You know that one game everyone will be scout jsut to place the thingy. and the game will lag like helllll.

This idea could definally be improved upon, and may be worth looking into more deeply,

16. OuNin

OuNin Member

It's more terrifying to see a scout army in the brush.