HMG (Rifle) in Top-Hatches

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Kolaris, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Kolaris

Kolaris Member

I say drastically reduce the recoil/spread and the stamina loss for firing an HMG from a Tank's top-hatch. Pretend it gets bolted in or something.

The gun really only sees use on the vehicle-less city maps do to how open everything is - it'd be a nice way to throw it back into the mix.

Plus, I think it'd be just fucking awesome.

It would also give those unwieldy AFVs some anti-infantry capability if you feel like using some teamwork as they can't crunch over infantry the same way a LT does. And maybe Grenade Launching APCs would be (more) viable as well since they can compensate for the AI loss.

2. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

I think that all guns should go to prone accuracy when on/in a vehicle. its hard enough to aim already when you are bouncing along, so its not really unbalancing at all. If somebody argues that this is unrealistic, think about it this way, if you were on a vehicle, wouldn't you take advantage of the frame and use it to brace your gun? not that realism really matters, but that's for those who care :P. Anyways, I do think that it should apply to all guns and not just the HMG, even though that would be hilarious to listen to people scream about it for a while (I mean you [R]ex).

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

This was suggested back in the 1.8 testing days. Or to give all weapons the prone accuracy in the hatch. I like both idea's but it was obviously not added for some reason.

Another thing I remember being tested but I guess removed was that the turret would move separately from passenger. Maybe it's still like that but I can't remember.

4. Kolaris

Kolaris Member

Also, that thrown back hatch model gets in the way constantly if you ride along in a BE Vehicle. Can't see shit Captain.

There are a few things that would make it more viable, as I'm pretty sure your aim still gets pulled left/right if the Driver readjusts. Its certainly not easy aiming, even if you had prone accuracy like Wertbarg mentioned.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  5. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

Does nobody see the R in Wertbarg?

But anyways, the movement of the passenger is independent from the movement of the turret (kinda). but it still gets severely jerked around if they are moving the turret. I know they want that fixed and that we want that fixed, but till then, we have to hang in there.

6. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Yeah would be sweet. Promote teamwork. Don't wanna waste weight on a chaingun load up a rifle and he can blow away the infantry then maybe go sticky some tanks.

/me likes

Also IIRC there was some bug that prevented it. Something to do with the infantry being moving constantly or something...

7. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

hmm, nobody has shot down the idea yet, I think it will make it. (if you do say something against the idea, please read though the whole post and make a LOGICAL argument in a polite manner)

8. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

There is a big difference between good idea and getting implemented.

Like I said I'm pretty sure Krenzo has already tried..

9. communism

communism poof

I like the idea but I don't know how much it would affect gameplay.
    Would most def need some testing

10. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Given that they were recently provided with crouch accuracy, I don't see why prone would be hard.

11. Dan (FangZandith)

Dan (FangZandith) Member

I was thinking about this when I first started playing, and never mentioned it. I'm relieved that others agree! PUT IT IN PLEASE!

12. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

I also like it. Driving a tank twosome is much more fun.

And what about the seat position in the vehicle customization screen. Is there any idea, how and when this will be implemented?

13. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

good idea all for it...

14. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

It was on Krenzo's to-do list, but was never implemented. There's some code for it though, we'll probably have a look at it later on

15. zenarion

zenarion Member

I am all for this one. Would actually make stuff like BE AFV able to function like a combat vehicle.

16. arklansman

arklansman Member

I think the only problem was weird prediction in the second seat. (which is already noticeable)

17. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

I'm not sure if it still happens, but in 2.12 if you ran into a BE apc and were put into the 2nd seat, your gun would bob like you were still running. I also seem to remember proning and getting into vehicles for accuracy. Am I remembering the prone thing wrong? I know the bobbing thing was true though.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i remember this too, entering vehicles kept the accuracy you had just before you got in