HL2.exe Crash =/

Discussion in 'Support' started by cl2yp71c, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Implant

Implant Member

Ok thanks for trying if anyone works out a fix for it i would appreciate it. I hope its not something to do with the fact that I am running 64bit.

Edit:

Ok i updated my graphics drivers to latest beta ones and have been playing for about 3-4hours this evening without one crash so i think that might have fixed it for me:).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  2. Drewd

Drewd Member

I am still getting the error mentioned in this thread, still have not found a cure.

3. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

If all else fails, you could always wait for Empires to be moved to the ep2 engine, where many of these crash bugs have been fixed. But Valve needs to release the new SDK first.

4. Drewd

Drewd Member

I'm just sad that I started playing because they did a news release about this mod and then 2 weeks later release a new version that makes it unplayable for me. This mod will likely fall to the wayside as just not big enough to have the support team needed and I'll go back to playing DOD and TF2.

5. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

You loose for not reading readily available info. The press release was WRONG. You played 1.071, which was WAY out of date...Steam made an oops reporting the mod had already released the new version....1.07 is well over a year old.

Then the REAL Empires V2 was released, which uses SourceSDKBase instead of HL2DM like Emp 1.07.

Furthermore, if you want to complain about support, I tried to help - and you stopped responding:

and

If you don't give me info, I can't help - no one can - all we can do is fumble around in the dark. Had you been so interested, I would have had you IM me and do stuff and get a "real time" response to help resolve the issue - but you don't seem interested in the mod enough to do that.

I went through a few weeks of not being able to play emp while on Windows Vista, but was interested enough in being able to play again (this was while V 2.0 was still a release candidate) - hell, there's a 7-8 page thread with my mumblings in it. If you are interested enough in it, and dig at the problem long enough, you'll get results; I'm 100% stable on Vista atm, and a few people have benefited from my fixes.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  6. Drewd

Drewd Member

I've read your post, its still not working for me, I have applied all patches, tried every dx level, -no sound, -windowded etc startup parameter, I've even attempted beta graphics drivers. My problem still remains the same, the windows vista even log entry that I have posted remains the same. I do appreciate your efforts, i am just frustrated as 1.071 had alot of potential and now I cant play, As a side note I have no problems with any other source game.

7. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Do you get any crash dumps from empires? If so, send them to Krenzo, he can pinpoint the crash.