Hijacking

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by SGT. MIKE, Jun 17, 2006.

1. SGT. MIKE

SGT. MIKE <blink>BANNED</blink>

I hate when a enemy tank driver is repairing his vehical u blow them away and then there tanks just sitting there just begging to be driven. if you can ijack i hink it would make the "hit and run" tank drivers stop the spam in fear that they would lose the tank plus its kinda realistic cause u can drive enemy tanks
    Also, i wish there were classes "like spys" that can go in a enemy base collect info and leave or even drive a disguised tank in there base and gather info.. maybe the class cant blow up building or kill people but he has fake wepons with blanks in them? and the class could like steal a uniform from a enemy? so he looks like the enemy... please play around with the idea:) :) :)

2. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

1. Driving on an Enemy tank will NEVER be in Empires.
    2. The Scout is for that, but currently, people only use him as a Sniper.
    3. Diguseing has been played around with, but just use Hide, it's easier.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

we wont be able to drive an enemy tank becous it woud be to hard to see witch tank is friendly and witch is captured

4. AnRK

AnRK Member

i think its a good idea, stealing stuff in BF2 can make a game say for example if you sneak into their base and nick a apache or an f15 or something vital like that, accidents happen but its all part of the game not being completely idiot proof

5. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

When is the last time you saw an unused Aircraft in BF2?

6. Damori

Damori Member

I think the chance for having a friendly blown up would be pretty fun, actually. Then you could get BE attacking each other with NF tanks.

But then again, if ownership of a vehicle changed faction accordingly, friendly fire wouldn't do anything anyway and you'd be able to see it on your map. Or keep it off your map so you could infiltrate.

Or maybe confine hijacking to jeeps. Huzzah!

7. Pinworm45

Pinworm45 Member

Perhaps an unlockable ability which allows Scouts/sabatours to turn an enemy tank into a friendly tank, but only if it is empty? Give it a cast time, like repairing buildings, so the enemy has time to stop you.

I actually think this would work effectively, because the only way you would be able to capture an enemy tank is if its empty, and noone is near it attacking you. If it's empty, and noone is near you, its probably a tank someone got out of to repair and got shot. Tanks like that are usually useless anyway, they just eventually get destroyed, and never used again because they are too far from base.

8. KhanKhaar

KhanKhaar Member

I love the idea, question is if an engineer should be able to "convert" it or just hijack it?

Like if the tank should still show up on the enemy map or not?

There is alot of possibilities and I think the emp team should tryem out :)

9. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

It's already been shot down, they say that it would make the game too complicated having to worry about whether X tank is on your team etc.
    I liked my idea of instead of stealing it, maybe sabotaging it so that it explodes when you get in, or alternatively letting down their tyres or something ;). That way, it could still punish you for leaving your tank unguarded, but would not lead to excessive complications.

10. thelonetaco

thelonetaco Member

Hijack would be an awesome Scout skill. "Carbomb" would be equally cool...the next time someone gets into the tank it explodes :^D

-Matt

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i wish there was some way i could kill enemies in tanks, like opening the hatch and chucking a grenade in. it would be really cool and would encorage teamwork, because you would want neaby teammates to shoot the enemy off of you.

also, a "getting in" and a "getting out" animation would be quite nice, esp if you can be shot and killed while you do it.

12. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

In Dystopia, there was a green box outline on friendly targets and a red box outline on enemy targets. This way you don't have to worry about remembering the differences in how the teams look and noobs who don't know the difference wont be shooting at you when you return to base for repairs/rearm.

13. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

the "car-bomb" skill on emty tanks would be cool. lets scouts take out that apc they keep coming from, just wait till its empty, do your thing, then next respawnBOOM!!

14. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I think there should be an open hatch on top of the tank, so you can lob in a grenade delivering an instant kill to whatever tank might be buggering you. But that'd be hard to do.