High Definition

Discussion in 'General' started by pickjaoe, May 19, 2006.

1. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

I was wondering if the team was working on high definition models and skins? Or maybe some fan that knows how to skin could make some sweet high definition skins.

2. Angry

Angry Junior Member

As on now there no point in this being a priority, lag and bugs are the only things of concern, unless you would like to go and model/skin them yourself its highly improbable its going to happen unless krenzo/duke say otherwise.

3. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Absolutly, I would much rather have stability issues resolved than high resolution skins and models. I was just bringing the issue up.

4. Geogriffith

Geogriffith Master Debater and Conflict Resolutionist

Keeeeeeeeeee-rist!
    Can we please get some Low-Def models first? I'm rather sick of having to climb around boxes with insane hitboxes and shudder at radar stations with missing peices. That's with the model detail at medium, the only level at which the game is playable. At high, my fps hits the single digits, and occasionally decimals.

Please try to keep in mind that the vast majority of gamers do not have the cashflow to upgrade/replace their computers every year.

5. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

well your either going to have to upgrade your computer or not be able to play new games.

6. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Oh, Jesus Christ on a cracker. Is it so unreasonable to expect that people be able to meet the minimum requirements of the game this is a mod of?

7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

i want high res models so i can decide to pick the low res ones :D

8. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

That's quite irrelevant.

9. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

It would be nice of someone to make some skins, a few of the default ones are pretty low resolution. (NF comm, I am looking at you!)

10. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

its relevant because he is talking about his fps from the game with is a new game.

11. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

the bit he was complaining about was that the models on medium dont work properly - not that on high the game wasnt smooth. although he may have been saying a little about that. i suppose.

12. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

How about we stop talking about that and turn this around to high definition models/skins like it started.

13. Comrade Regulus

Comrade Regulus Member

Empires coud definetely use more eye-candy, but I wouldn't want any of the team members lose time doing this rather than improving gameplay.

If anyone knows a good modeller or animator, please, please, get them to join the Empires team!