here i am again,

Discussion in 'General' started by MomoZMonster, May 5, 2015.

1. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

too many maps with too few resources. wait honestly.. its too many cool maps :canyon. railroad )the 2 that are on the top of my head(

just stop with the whole "the resources make the maps strategic" bull shit I agree, HOWEVER I'm with the "Not enough resources make the game dull and strung out/boring for the team that is behind one lousy resource node.. or 2.. ..."

unless its "take away cost for research" I mean honestly someone recognizes the problem hence the "free research"

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The problem you are raising is only happening in low population games, teams swim in money when the erver's got a decent pop :/

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Also mvalley is still completely ruined thanks to its starting res making the game "vf first or gg".

4. Catface

Catface Member

Why though? It sets it apart from other maps.

If anything, what about increasing it further? Or even having a VF available at start (as normal infantry rushing is pretty much team suicide on that map anyway)? Mind you, I am just thinking out loud here.

I think one problem in particular is that because of wages, an early VF is pretty much mandatory at the start of (most) open maps. The endless stream of practically free jeeps massively enhances mobility in ways that the non-VF team can barely compete with, even if they try (50% speed upgrade grenadiers + 50% revive engineers). This problem is especially evident with BE as they have cheaper jeeps.

Early vehicles are (with the RPG generally being more powerful in these versions) mostly about mobility.
    In previous versions a team would rush with one APC or a couple of jeeps, and they would be stuck with them and have to preserve them. Now they can just easily respawn and "buy" a new jeep.

This makes early VFs pretty much mandatory on any map that is slightly more open than slaughtered. (Or generally has anything over 300 res and a prebuild refinery)

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Because new coms loose the game by default
    Because its always the same shit with no variation
    Because it can be griefed if someone gets a jeep or takes the apc someplace else
    Because youre banking the whole match on not loosing one apc
    And finally, because it was a much more enjoyable map before people figured it out.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

VF first or gg is kinda dumb.
    Because if you happen to have a newb comm just for the first 30 seconds, you'll have a really hard time winning this game.

Not to mention it is a hidden advantage for NF, as NF jeep has 4 seats.
    Although most NF players aren't smart enough to exploit this advantage.

7. Catface

Catface Member

Tell them to place a VF (and how) and recycle the barracks. It's frustrating, but they have to start somewhere.

>Because its always the same shit with no variation

Well, it's either jeeps or an APC, though I get the point. On the other hand, what about normal infantry rushing? (Canyon, etc.) I think this is generally a mapping issue.

>Because it can be griefed if someone gets a jeep or takes the apc someplace else

With wages jeeps are pretty much the way forward now. You squish one person while in a squad and you have a new free jeep again.

>Because youre banking the whole match on not loosing one apc
    And finally, because it was a much more enjoyable map before people figured it out.

What about increasing it to even higher levels? 1000, 2000, etc.
    Enough to build several apcs, and still have enough to build all the res nodes + a radar if you lose a few.
    I believe there were maps in the past that used similar schemes, though somehow most mappers seem to have the idea that resources should always be low at start.

8. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yeah, I hate how no one does that on mvalley as NF.

Jeeps are so cheap and so fast. You don't get a spawn point, but you can pretty easily afford new jeeps as long as you get the A4 ref up.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Fuck off.
    I swear to cake no one ever grab a jeep on mvalley. And I was being yelled at for doing so.

For BE it's kinda controversial, but for NF you have no excuses, except for being bad.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  10. Angry

Angry Junior Member

well if its vf or gg, why not put a vf in the map at start so its no issue.

11. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

That's fine, but this whole complaint is really kind of ridiculous. I've won every game of mvalley I've played this version, and I've neer had a VF. Waste of time if you ask me.

12. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

no, unles its money, can a commander honestly place home turrets, and forward turrets, (including costs for upgraded turrets) and keep 70% of its forces in tanks/vehicles ....

How many times have you seen the vehicle build limit get hit when 40 people are playing?

13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Well +1 for this.