Helpzzz me Please(Steam problem)

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheAmethystDuke, Aug 9, 2009.

1. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

I wanted to go play Empires again after a while(haven't really played it since a while) but when I tried to log on I got an error(the your acount is not valid, ect. blah blah).

But my half life 2 copy is still installed. :pathetic:

This means I can't play Empires any more :(

So, I decided to make a new acount and buy the Orrange Box.

The problem is, it will take 3 weeks to arive :pathetic:

I tried recovering password, recovering acount ect. But I won't recieve an E-mail. Can I manualy remove/dissable my Half Life 2 copy without having to log on so I can reïnstall it on another acount.

I really want to play Empires again :(

(Does anyone have a serial or something : ( ?)

2. Caelo

Caelo Member

Theres no way to move any games registered to one account to another..
    For any account related issues you'll have to post on the official steampowered boards.

Also I realise you only need the source SDK base OB. Theres a list somewhere on the developers wiki for source engines with games that come with the required package.
    I'm pretty sure HL2DM is one of them, and I believe it's the cheapest way to get the SDK base at the moment.
    see http://store.steampowered.com/searc...sher=&category2=16&genre=&priceLow=&priceHigh=

Also IF you buy the orange box through steam you'll get it right away. So if you're really desperate go buy it through steam itself.

As of the serial: I don't believe anyone here will give you a serial to their game. Also getting a game that includes source SDK Base as a gift won't enable you to download source SDK Base.
    I've tried it already with a friend I know and it just wont work.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  3. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

My credit card wouldn't work on Steam :pathetic:

therefore I had to buy the game from another website :(

In theory, I already own the game, I payed for the Orange Box. And I payed for Half Life 2.

If I downloaded a cracked version of any source game (Like HL2DM) would that allow me to play Empires(if installed correctly) -.-

Ugh, sometimes, I just hate Steam... :pathetic:

4. Caelo

Caelo Member

No it wont. Empires needs the Source SDK Base Orange Box installed.
    As far as I know, and I haven't really looked into this, you can't play online with any of the cracked versions.
    The reason why I think this is the case is that even with a valid install people get kicked all over the place because their steam-id is invalid or they dont 'own' the game.

PS. if you've problems with your account. Either you lost the login details or anything, mail the support desk of Valve. Explain everything and then provide them with substantial proof that you own an account. Proof as in receipts (your accounts name is on there btw ;)) productcases with their productnumbers etc.
    Valve won't just delete accounts right away (if they ever) so it is still somewhere and they will be able to return it back. It's just a matter of convinving them that you're the woner and that you should get the account back.

see hijacked account support article: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366

PS. PS.
    Valve may disable accounts whenever they see fit. If this is the case:
    "Why would a Steam account be disabled?
    Check the contact e-mail address for your Steam account to see if Steam Support has contacted you regarding the reason your account was disabled - accounts may be temporarily disabled pending verification of purchase information or account ownership.
    Steam Support does not automatically contact the owners of disabled accounts in most circumstances."
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5406-WFZC-5519

most notable reason for disabling is this one:
    "Redeeming Fraudulent Gifts. Never accept a gift from an unknown user. Any accounts tied to a redeemed gift from a fraudulent source will be permanently disabled."

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  5. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

Well I tried the recovery things, but it seems like my E-mail and my password changed. And it has been a long time ago, so I won't be able to run the CD-key recovery(90 days). Wich is ridiclious because I still own that game, that game belongs to me, and I want that game back. But I will try the acount recovery support. :pathetic:

Else I am forced to buy half life 2 deathmatch ¬_¬

But will it work? If I bought half Life 2 deathmatch? It is a source engine game but does it provide all content required to play Empires?

6. Caelo

Caelo Member

HL2:DM does come with the Source SDK.
    I'm not sure if it also includes the Source SDK Base.

7. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

I hope it arives tomorow, in the meantime I will send an E-mail to Steam :D