help?

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by supaste, Feb 25, 2007.

1. supaste

supaste Member

i get that in the console when i try and load a map i just made and it dosn't lopad the map.

2. Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music)

Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music) Member

"Check for Problems"™
    You might have an invalid solid (or more, vertex-mod, anyone?)
    Possibly there is too little clearance between your brushwork (or an entity) and the end of the grid (max extends).

3. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It might be possible you have a huge displacement, try cutting it up into smaller (1024 X 1024) brushes.

4. supaste

supaste Member

ok i just reloaded hammer and it told me it had removed 2 invalid solids which i realised i had made with the vertex tool i then saved it and restarted hammer.

i then loaded my map up again and recompiled but upon loading the map i got this.

[​IMG]

5. Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music)

Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music) Member

Have you thoroughly looked through the compile log?

Other than that, there's little help I can offer.

.. and that PNG just hurt my bandwidth. :p

6. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Does the map have an emp_info_params entity?
    I suspect that other error was caused by something going right off the grid, but hammer seems to have sorted that one out.

7. supaste

supaste Member

there is my compile log. I ran it through the lopers error page and got-

*WARNING: Cluster portals saw into cluster

...i dont have a clue...

8. supaste

supaste Member

i love you broccli! i forgot about all that shit!

ill see if it works after adding..

..ok i added it

and still nothing:confused:

looked at the console

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  9. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

What are you doing about commanders? Are they supposed to be there or not? If they are, delete and re-add them. If they aren't, look in the entity report to see if they're hiding somewhere where hammer can't see them, then delete them. I think you've got a problem with some corrupted entities.

If none of that solves it, I'd try copying everything to a new map and saving under a new name.

10. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

The commander errors do not matter. The only reason why they would matter is if there are no spawn points whatsoever, or they are not properly enabled/attatched to an entity, which would then crash your game once you start the map. Other than that, I don't have a clue.

11. supaste

supaste Member

I removed and then readded the comm vehicals- this worked and the map now loads but i discovered another problem...

the map ios a pink and black checker.... (thats a common error right and simple to fix..... right?)

help again!

12. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Pink and black checker means missing textures. For whatever reason, hl2 can't load the textures used in your map.

13. supaste

supaste Member

dang... i guess summin to do with resources...

ill fiddle with it tommorow...

14. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

It could be missing textures, or it could be missing cubemaps. Type "buildcubemaps" in the console in-game to build them. This should be done every time you compile a map anyway. If there is no texture to the checkers at all, then it's missing textures.

15. supaste

supaste Member

ok i fixed the minimap problem..... but i now have a new one.

after successfully using my map i decided it needed pimping so i went into hammer and pimped it, hit compile..... empires loaded............and it loaded up my map... but it was the old unpimped one not the one i had just compiled.

WHY :( :( :(

16. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Make sure the map has no errors, and make sure you've copied the map in the maps directory.

17. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

You never said minimap poblem before, so I just assumed the map itself was missing textures... I could have helped you better if you mentioned minimaps.

Post a compile log.

18. supaste

supaste Member

will do tommorow... to late today...

19. supaste

supaste Member

there is teh compile log

20. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Brush 1034, Side 2: duplicate plane
    Brush 1034: FloatPlane: bad normal
    Side 4
    Texture: CONCRETE/CONCRETEFLOOR033Y

Use the "Go to brush number" feature in "View" to find the brush that causes it and fix it.