Help me with the German Wikipedia-article!

Discussion in 'General' started by Lollum, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

That's funny. There's already a request for deletion. Be sure to put up that we won the multi-genre award for 2006 and have been in numerous magazines.

3. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I don't understand German, but somehow I got impression that those guys were saying something about game articles not belonging to Wikipedia? And right in the beginning: Enzyklopädische Relevanz dieser Modifikation nicht ersichtlich. --Polarlys 23:50, 10. Feb. 2007 (CET)

I guess that means it is not notable enough. :D I'm still waiting to see someone delete an article about some plant because it isn't notable enough(grows in some small area only and is not even very common in there).

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

encyclopedian relevence or value of this mod isnt visible, dno if i translated it well to something that makes sense in english, then again im not german :P

I think people keep forgetting this is a internet thing, ofcourse its not going to be in Encarta. Wikipedia is full of software, individuals, companies and stuff. Would Krenzo as an individual make it into wikipedia? In a few years I bet no one would even bother to put his article up for deletion, so why couldnt a mod made by a team be good enough...

5. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I think the thing some of these Wiki-morons keep missing is that print encyclopedias need to limit their content because... well... paper isn't free!

Hard drive space is MUCH cheaper than paper.

And they need to learn to live with that.

6. Alud0s3

Alud0s3 Member

Yop m8, i'm also german and i like the idea of making empires a bit more puplic in the german speaking countries. Also i think it would be nice to translate the whole game (exept the ingame voices cause they rule) to german.

I've always wanted to do something to help this mod becoming even better as it is (wich it is really difficult since it already is that good ^^)

So this is my chance? PM me!

7. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I've heard that Krenzo might be looking for localization peoples.

I dunno tho.

8. Chahk

Chahk Member

Don't even bother with wikipedia, in any language. The admins there are nothing more than self-righteous asshats that jerk off to their own post and page deletion counts. They make up their own rules (and break them) whenever it suits their own petty personal agendas, with no regard or respect of the ideals put forth by the founders of the wikipedia project.