Hello, Goodbye.

Discussion in 'General' started by .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329, Jan 6, 2011.

1. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I have played Empires Mod for more hours than any other game I have ever played. And because of this, I am making the decision to quit the game, for fear that I will waste too much more of my life playing the game.

The future of the game rests in the community. Sure, the game is decent, but to be realistic the gameplay and graphics of the game are far outdone by many modern games that have sprung up in this day and age. Thus, the strength of the game and the reason why I have been playing for about a year (6 months afk however) is simply because of the community. It's nice to play a game with people that you at least somewhat know, and it's what this game has going for it. Thus, the future of Empires lies within the community. If the community continues to remain hostile to new players and scare them away, this mod will surely die soon. However, if this game is accepting and friendly and helpful to new players, Empires has many years ahead of it.

The future of Empire's gameplay does not reside in fast implementation of gimmicky aircraft (sorry harryhoot :\). Rather, I would recommend more rigorous testing of what is already in the game. This mod can survive for much longer with what it already has. If aircraft are to be worked on now, the game will die before it sees them implemented; on the contrary, if the current developer team takes the time to balance everything that is already in the game, this game will live far past the implementation of aircraft.

That being said, I shall shortly completely disassociate myself with this mod. I will be deleting everyone on my friend's list; it's nothing personal really, but because the community is Empires, I must take my leave of all of you now. Complete_lamer, because I'm sure Corpsegrinder does not check these forums, I would ask you to tell him that I shall no longer be playing Empires, and that my reasons for ignoring you and him are nothing personal; direct him to this thread if you must. As a side note, I rather enjoy eastborough, it provides for a fun, albeit rather laggy, experience.

To my current clan, consortium, I really don't have that much to say simply because I was a part of you for such a sort period of time. I regret not having the time to know you all better, and am slightly saddened that I am leaving you so early after joining, but I am afraid that this must be the case, for my real life is more important that any clan in any video game.

I would like to thank Krenzo and Mootant for creating and lead developing this game, even though I have never spoken to either of you two. I would also like to thank the remainder of the Empire Community for making my one year playing this mod a truly enjoyable one. But most of all, I would like to thank Pickled_heretic, because even though he can be a fucking soulless cunt, he still taught me how to play the game, and for that, I must remain in gratitude to him.

I will most likely not post anything after this thread is complete. To all moderators on the Empires forums: please permanently ban this account so that I am no longer tempted to come back and rediscover empires. And lastly, although it saddens me to say this, I will never be coming back to empires. This shall not be a mere hiatus; I am taking my leave of you all now, but don't worry, Empires has a bright future ahead of it, and I am sure that it will consider to live as long as the community lives by it.

Goodbye.

2. Empty

Empty Member

lol umad

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Who is this guy?

He posts on the forum but I have no idea who he is ingame.

4. Empty

Empty Member

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Then I don't think I've ever seen him ever.

6. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Man, I would love to see the threads you would have written if you would have stopped playing WoW.

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

farewell hexi ...

8. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

:) :|ove: :eek: :unsure: :cry: :verysad:

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

Alex you are a cool.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

you just made me waste part of my life reading this crap

11. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

12. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Though you quit the game for a stupid reason, I wish you well. You were the first quasi-friend I made in Empires mod. I'll spread your message of kindness and helpfulness so that your ePenis soul never dies in the Empires community.

R.I.P. HeXi
    2.2? - 2.30

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

who is this thread about again? HSM or Empty leaving?

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Hexi is cool, and I respect his reasons for leaving. Can't you follow suite Dubee?

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I agree with much of the sentiment Hexi. I also play empires too much! I did try to quit but methadone just ain't the same!

Unless you can balance your time then sooner or later you will end up compulsively playing / doing something which could be totally crap (like *$%!ing angry birds - the reason I always miss my stop on the train).

Also - Thanks for the games & Farewell. Stay off the streets and never, ever try Minecraft.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  16. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

So are you gonna take up smoking? or call of duty now?
    Your issue is self control not empires.

17. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

If there's something I don't like, it's dramaqueers who make threads about "leaving".
    However, Hexi was a good addition to the community. I remember the first days I saw him around. He was willing to learn and command, unlike most new people to this mod who just fuck around til they learn the game. (Like me)

18. Rippie

Rippie Member

I think Hexi is cool .. but didnt he make a post about coming back less then a month ago?

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Maybe after we beat your clan this saturday.. On a server with decent ping and no hacks for you to make our comm crash 5 times :p

20. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

everyone uses wallhacks just a headsup