Headsets

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fooshi, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

I got my Corsair Vengeance 1500 today, and it's shit. I need a new headset that doesn't break after 3 months, has perfect sound quality for music, rich bass that doesn't make the music oscillate like crazy, robust build, a good mic and volume control so I can save my ears when loud noises appear.
    I'm thinking about getting a Logitech G35 again, but the last time I had it, it snapped in half after 3 months. Though, I enjoyed it so much, I kind of want to take the risk and purchase another one. Best damn headset I've ever used.

So, anyone know about any good headsets that meet those requirements? Preferably under 100€/90£/140$.
    Also, don't bother with "OMG 7.1 SOUND SO GOOD!". It's not. It's shit and it's useless because you can hear your "enemy" easier with a regular 10€ stereo headphones than with a 100€ "gaming" headset.

2. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

I use the steelseries siberia 1 right now. Its pretty cool, though I don't think they sell it anymore. Check out hte v2

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Turtlebeach PX21 works great for me.

4. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

no warranty?

5. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

6. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Studio headphones + desk mic. Hate to be so unhelpful (that's a lie) but headsets are a tad gay.

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

My mic is a crappy over ear thing with one earbud built in, I think it's supposed to be a hands free thing for call centres.

Still sounds better than most mics. I just hook it loosely over my ear underneath my headphones when I want to use it.

I'd suggest something like that or a decent desktop mic, if you buy a headset it's just another thing that can break and costs more to replace.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

anyone know of a good desktop mic? (use newegg biatches)

9. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

A decent webcam will have a decent mic on it.