Hardcoded teamselection

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Hermit, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Hermit

Hermit Member

Player 's team should be selected by the server randomly.

- Once the server selected a player the player can't change his team until mapchange even after reconnecting(it should be registered in an array).
    - Spectating is allowed(server option I suppose).
    - After ragequitting(to spec) you cannot rejoin unless you pick your original team.

This prevents me from griefing. :mad:
    Another solution would be to ban stackers like you would ban griefers.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Stacking is, or was, a bannable offense as I understand it.

You know what I find funny though? The vast majority of Empires players complain about stacking when they're fairly new to the game, but once they become better that all goes out the window and they just decide to join the stack.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i can prevent you from griefing aswell, trust me, even permanently if it has to be ;)
    other than that, i agree about autoteamselect, but server owners obviously dont, since this already is an option for empires ...

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Force auto-select = Win.

5. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

This topic was already discussed many times.

Autoteamselect is bad for everyone who wants to play with his friends in one team. For my friends e.g. I can say that three of them will quit playing empires when autoteamselect is on (they play rarely and are not very good).

On the other side skill stacking is also bad, because you often can see the winner of the round before the round even has started.

A solution could be to hide the player names before round start.

6. flasche

and how would u stack with your friends then?
    right TS/steamfriends/whatever - nothing those guys u talk about are unable to use either ;)

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Hiding player names is a good idea. It means admins can't sort the stack until AFTER the game has already started. Fucking genius.

8. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

dont forget about the spectators ;3 they are the backbone of empires

9. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Alucard: get a rope.

10. flasche

this - and buy one for vulcanis too. he hasnt posted yet, its purely preventative ...

11. Hermit

Hermit Member

As stacking might be bannable I never saw anyone being punished for it besides getting a warning.
    But stacking is still a game killer, and as for me it annoys me nearly every time I play.

- I find making player names invisible a good idea, it might help.
    - Preventing reselecting teams shouldn't hurt the game.

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I haven't seen stacking be an issue at all lately. Maybe 1 game where we were obviously the less skilled team, but maybe I am just use to the old super BSID stacks.

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Or you could take the route every other game takes and simply make the game appealing so that enough people play it and stacking doesn't affect many servers.

14. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Stacking is one hell of a bitch.
    First of all is it actualy bannable? on vipers AND the epic server cause idk, youzy stacking the shit out of himself was just dissapointing since hes admin and youzy... playing a stacked round is just useless , its just wasting 5-20 minutes of time depending how much of an assholes the stackers are.

15. flasche

i lol'd ^^

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You actually anti-stacked your own clan. Or rather, some games where your clan weren't stacking per se, but others were stacking on to their team.

There have been quite a lot of stacks that i've seen, but it's done over multiple vets just deciding to go together. Not clans really (PRKL doesn't count).

17. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I don't know what people think is a stack nowadays, but I've never been on a stacked team.

It's one thing for a team to be "stacked". It's a completely other thing for one team to be completely incompetent / retarded.

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Some people just seem to give up, too. Empires is no longer the game where people want to fight and give the enemy a bloody nose, they just give up and lay down in a ditch somewhere to die. Or join spectator.

19. flasche

the worst are games when theres about 6 players per team - then some half-noobs realize the other team has two players they fear and they join spec leading to games of 6vs2 or even worse (ive seen that a couple of times) 6vs0.
    its saddening and so wrong - u only get better at a game if you fight versus better players, not alongside those ...

what is a cheap victory against being ontop the scoreboard each round? ;)

20. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I don't see clan stacking so much now a days but, I always see skill stacking. Vets stick together leaving the new players on the other team, often without a com cuz they don't know how to do that shit. Then the skill stacked team just rapes the new guys for a long time. They don't end it... they let it go on for a while.