Handicaps

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by rampantandroid, May 17, 2007.

1. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Here's a simple one: For when a round starts off and its 2v3 or something, either handicap the team with 3 people by doing something like slowing their building rate for NGs and damage done by guns, or give the team with only 2 people some advantage, such as building stuff faster.

As soon as teams even up, or become unbalanced the other way, the effects are removed/reversed.

2. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Sounds like a good idea, but as long as this was made to eventually even out, not to give the smaller team the advantage.

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I say building rate and respawn time. i.e, you can respawn in 4 seconds instead of waiting 7 seconds.

and bonus tickets. but nothing that influences a one on one between two identical players.

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

While being a nice suggestion, Empires isn't designed to be played in such small numbers. I doubt it'll get ingame :s

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

percentage based? It would help balance stacking, when one team looses a few players at the same time. Give the team with less players a bit of a bonus

6. Caelo

Caelo Member

I was thinking of that too...
    ex. 9 vs 12
    (1 - 9/12) * 100% = 25% player-spawntime penalty for the 12 player team... (25% longer)

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i have been on a team with 3 people vs 6 and we were fuckin them up.. so i dont really think this is a good idea

8. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

If this WERE to be implemented, I'd say make it controlled by a server variable.

League matches and certain admins might not like it.