Hamster chan's Interview

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fricken Hamster, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

uguu~~~ Hamster chan had a career fair on tuesday. Now he has an interview with microsoft next week.

From what I understand the first interview is just mostly to get to know people more and more on general problem solving and though processes rather than on details. This other company had a test I didn't do so well on because they asked very specific bitwise problems and some vocabulary I didn't know.

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

So, have you brushed up on the number of piano turners in Chicago and found a plan to move Fuji?

3. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

It really depends on the interview description itself. Usually for a big company like Microsoft, the first initial interview will be with an HR rep of a particular department/division. Their main focus is your eagerness/interest in joining the company and fit the general requirements for the job. Because it costs these companies a lot of money to search and hire people, they want to make sure that they select people that will accept & stay with the company.

If the interview is immediately following the career fair, I assume it is an university-sponsored on-campus interview along with fellow students. You should visit your school's career development center for general tips and procedures for this interview.

4. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

So who will you cosplay for this interview? :D

Seriously though, good luck.

5. Fricken Hamster

[​IMG]

6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

The worst thing you can be in any interview is nervous. The second worst thing is not having any questions of your own. Interviews are not auditions, companies look for the right person and the right person is looking for the right position and makes insightful enquiries into the role on offer.

Attitute and Aptitude are more important to most employers than your proven skillset when recruiting straight from education. Try to be relaxed and confident, don't rush an answer and you will look more professional and employable for it.

Good luck and stuff

7. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Prepare yourself for any questions, even prepare yourself to lead the conversation in case your interviewers just enter the room, sit down and stare at you (happened to me once). Relax, don't make yourself have a full schedule for that day, so you can stay focused.

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I heard big companies like MS filter out the socially akwards at the first interview. Just tell them you find Steve Ballmer desu kawai~~.

9. Reznov

Reznov Member

Just end every sentence with "Like a baws" and he will put you in charge as the head of personal management.

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Your blog hasn't been updated for over a week month. No time, I gather?

Good luck with that interview ;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  11. Fricken Hamster

Working on lgihting. Havent finished anything worth blogging about

12. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

dare i ask how the interview went?