Half armor health and vehicle mg's

Discussion in 'Archive' started by -Mayama-, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I predict that the vehicle mg's need to be readjusted with the low armor health in this version. Mgs hit always and will most likley tear through everything. Especially the bio dot.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't necessarily know if I'll keep the half armour health thing, it was something I intended to test for a while and then forgot to remove. We might as well try it out but I don't if it'll be viable.

3. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Its not.

As amazing as it sounds, things are more imbalanced than before with no StoD mod: everything is reliant on hp (abs/comp), weight (abs/comp), and cost (abs).
    Everything will be dead in under 3 seconds, half the team will be forced to make repairs from random hits, ect, ect.
    If anything has improved, there are "more" research choices: highest dps weapons.
    Bio will cause rage to no end, DU might work from a dps standpoint, and NF will still get uml as it still kills everything, but now its 30% faster killing...

Something has to replace the StoD mod.

btw, you dident remove the mod from absorbant in the testing build.

4. Trickster

I know I didn't, I'm leaving it on abs, I want to try and at least use it slightly, give absorbant something other than HP related properties.

But yeah, I didn't expect it to work really, but I think it's worth having 1 test on it to see which armours come out the worst, so I can see which side effects (regen, reflective modifier, speed modifier) have the biggest effect.

5. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

I both like and hate the halving of armor HP.

Hate, because it makes repair pads/Repairing pointless because you'll die before you can even turn around to get out of the fight.

The ONLY thing i like about it is that fights are more fast paced.

Other than that, horrible idea. you would have to make armor cheaper to balance out with the new res rate, which would allow vehicles to be built at about the same speed they are in SteamPires. so nothing would be done there. it's bad enough when a noob takes a 1.5k res heavy tank and dies without killing anything. but having that same 1.5k heavy die in seconds after rolling out of the base, and lower res rate preventing vets from getting tanks. GAAAAAAAAH.

Edit: Bio ANYTHING, holy fucking shit. RAPE.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  6. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

not to mention even more clusterfucking on slaughtered because no one will have the balls to push forward

7. Trickster

I do still believe that tanks are too powerful as it stands, or rather, tank vs tank combat takes far too long and it takes too many Grenadiers to take down late-game tanks. Something has to be done regarding this, and it'll be done via scripts before people start spamming stupid shit like MAKE GRENADIER HAVE JAVELIN MISSILES.

8. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Bring back research for advanced gren?

9. Trickster

Advanced Gren is included by default now though. You do the same damage as you used to with Advanced Gren researched when you hit a heavy tank. And you do the same damage you used to with Upgraded Gren researched against Mediums and Artillery tanks.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

4 plates of armor for heavies, meds have been somewhat killable.
    also reduce heavy chassis health (from steampires version)

and get rid of all anti-inf mgs except std and make it so you can only put one mg on a tank.
    this should weaken late game tanks, especially vs infantry.

11. Trickster

I don't take issue with the anti-inf MGs. Sorry, but I just don't. I already reduced the chassis health, but I'm certainly not dropping the heavies to 4 plates. Chances are I might revert armour back, without the speed modifier, and then see how that plays out. If it's ok, then I'll increase tank weapon damage bit by bit until we hit a sweet spot.

12. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Member

One question regarding Advanced Grenadier Research: How did it actualy work? Did it give percentage bonuses related to Tank Hulls and Tank Armors, or was it a raw damage upgrade?

You could simply throw Advanced Gren back in and give only bonuses against heavies or certain armors with high HP (Abs/Comp) which are commonly used on heavies.

I know, the second solution regarding high HP-armor could be in danger of becoming one of those typical "counter-popular usage imbalancings" and would also make smaller hulls even more prone to RPGs. But the other solution - only buffing damage against heavy-tank hulls - would make fewer grens a greater threat exclusively to an heavy.

But one entailing problem that would come with this would be Resource Balancing: The Comm would only have to pay once for the Gren upgrade, all the same where in which research tree it would be situated, while heavies will still come with an operating cost that would by far exceed the total cost of the upgraded Gren.

As it stands now, heavies are themselves - operated by sensible players - a game ending and game changing technology. This, at least on open maps, guarantees a fluid game which lasts about 45 to 50 minutes. At least I believe that heavies partly have this role - to bring about an end to the map. If those are however made to be more susceptibel to Infantry, this might draw out games even longer on those regular, open maps. The questions then would be: Is that acceptabel or not and are there other ways implemented that end the game (for instance less fragile artillery).

Still, heavies at the moment realy take quite too much pain from everything besides UML heavies. And a stronger gren would then be an alternate path, opening up another strategical decision to make: Get Advanced Gren or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.