hail to the king baby!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by moab, Jun 13, 2006.

1. moab

moab Member

ok how about this.

you go to the air field and you want a bomber. well you are feeling a bit weired so you trick out its ammo!

the bomber should have a veriety of weapons!

normal - plain bombs. they do fair amount of damage and can scare off groups of tanks!

HE bombs -pricy as hell but will have a whole base in worry.

bio bombs - scarres the crap out of infentry. can turn a whole base into a ghost town. does minimal damage to vhicals. the gas lingers in the area for a while.

stun bombs - imobilize an entire army and deal some heavy damage. send one bomber in with stun bombs to stop the intended target and do some light damage, then send the heavy guys in to finish it all off with a big bang.

cluster bombs - they are smaller and pack less punch, but they cover a huge area and in multiple sweeps can become a major problem.

what about jet fighters? what can you trick them out with?

smoke screen - a plane is on your tail? press a button and blind him with a good amount of thick smoke. you can even fly over the enamy and blind an army.

flairs - missles bothering you a bit? release the flairs! the missles will go straight for them instead of you! well only the tracking ones will, the dumb missles will just head straight.

machine guns - for those moments you run out of missles, you have these boys to help you out.

normal missles - they are slightly guided but arnt that good, fair amount of damage.

tracking missles - does as the name suggests. acuret and fun to use!

dumb fire missles - ok, these guys hit hard as crap and are fast as hell. they dont track though, they just go straight so make sure you have a good eye to hit your target.

we can not forget about our transport ships can we?

chain guns - what do you think they do? they fill you full of lead! thats what they do!

smoke grenades - gotto go in quick and you don't want the enamy to have a clear shot at your cargo? well drop a smoke grenade and provide a little cover for your buddies getting off. they will thank you later.

hellicopters, what about them?

chain guns- same as above

rappid fire missles - about 30 rounds and you can pelt a target with a mess of missles.

gass canisters - you have your options to launch either smoke grenades or bio gas to poisen the enamy.

homing missles - the name says it all.

what do you think of the selection i came up with so far? what would you add or take out for aircraft?

2. FalconX

FalconX Developer

3. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I think these are pretty good ideas, but they seem more like special upgrades that should be available through research. VTOL = secks btw.

4. Silk

Silk Mapper

Really, are you sure?

Life really IS perfect !

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

first, helicopters ARE vtol!

vtol = vertical take off and landing (so no airstrip)

helicopters (besides missiles) first accheaved this, but now some jets can do to btw (harrier)

second, the idea
    analized and processed

/////GENERAL IDEA'S/////

hellicopters, what about them?

i woud like, but prob not up to me, woud yust be a skin btw, most planes woud fly as a big chopper

what about jet fighters? what can you trick them out with?

no, the maps are to small, it woud take 3 seconds to croos it and crash with skybox, so propellor speed planes only plz

the bomber should have a veriety of weapons!
    -> i agree!
    nothing more to add to that thoug :D

/////WEAPONS/////

1 MACHINE GUNS (can be of more use then you think)

maybe some kind of armor pearcing depleted uranium mgun, quite slow firing, but devastating to tanks and allmost instant killing infantry on hit (becous it is rather slow firing, it woud be near inpossible to kill groups of running infantry if they woud get cover quikly

large armor pearcer

i was thinking of 1 bullet evry 0.5 second, (so 2 shots each second) and in an accuracy cone of max 1 cm from middle of croshair (so it is really tank buster gun, powerfull quite accurate but slow firing) 50 to 100 damage evry bullet, 120 bullets max ammo (1 min constant)
    maybe only mountable on gunship

and a weakenad version for the bombers or bigger planes

small armor pearcer

like 1 bullet evry 0.25 second (4 each sec), accuracy cone of max 2 cm from middle of croshair (so it is fast vehicle buster, maybe used on infantry or so...) 25 to 35 damage evry bullet, 300 bullets max ammo (1.25 min constant)

chain guns
    what do you think they do? they fill you full of lead! thats what they do!

so anti infantry (i do not see the point on an airplane other then the gunship)

2 ROCKETS

with the rockets i woud prefer you can combine them, and that they have only 3 to 7 ammo each for normal sized missiles per dispencer and like 12 for the rapid fire, for missile balancing, and to make dogfight more then who runs out of missiles first, thats all

normal missles - they are slightly guided but are not that good, fair amount of damage. -> i agree! 150 direct damage, speed 100 % of granadier rocket
    5 ammo?

= air to ground, or slow moving air to air (its a bit of both)

tracking missles - does as the name suggests. acurate and fun to use!
    -> i agree! 75 direct damage, preferrably usable on airplanes 50% speed of gran rocket speed, has its turning rate,
    3 ammo?

= air to air, specially for dogfights

dumb fire missles - ok, these guys hit hard as crap and are fast as hell. they dont track though, they just go straight so make sure you have a good eye to hit your target.-> i agree! 250 direct damage, 175% to 200% of granadier rocket speed
    7 ammo?

= air to ground, or for the topgun pilot for dogfight on large slow planes

rapid fire missles - about 30 rounds and you can pelt a target with a mess of missles.

ok, these woud suck, it woud be to hard to balance, better yust make them dumb rapid fire missiles, so weak dumb missiles with a quik refire rate, so not an Mgun like missile firing (as i am presuming you are suggesting) and the biggest max ammo
    75 direct damage, 150% to 175% of granadier rocket speed, can be fired 1 evry second
    12 ammo?

3 BOMBS

normal - plain bombs. they do fair amount of damage and can scare off groups of tanks! -> i agree, shoudbe basic bomb, maybe clustered in bursts of 3, max ammo of 15

HE bombs -pricy as hell but will have a whole base in worry.-> i agree! coud be tricky to balance this maybe bursts of 1, with max ammo 5

bio bombs - scarres the crap out of infentry. can turn a whole base into a ghost town. does minimal damage to vhicals. the gas lingers in the area for a while. -> i do not agree! read next...

stun bombs - imobilize an entire army and deal some heavy damage. send one bomber in with stun bombs to stop the intended target and do some light damage, then send the heavy guys in to finish it all off with a big bang.

-> i do not agree!
    ok, this sucks, maybe you can combine it with the bombs before
    like napalm bombs, they torch an area for a minute, overheating all tanks until they get out the flames, or the flames extinguish, killing infantry slowly when in the flames

cluster bombs - they are smaller and pack less punch, but they cover a huge area and in multiple sweeps can become a major problem.

good idea, bursts of 8, max ammo 40
    coud be a good tank buster, or a small building razer

/////APPLIEANCES/////

smoke grenades - gotto go in quick and you don't want the enamy to have a clear shot at your cargo? well drop a smoke grenade and provide a little cover for your buddies getting off. they will thank you later. (coud be the same as the next, so basically 1 weapon with many uses)

smoke screen - a plane is on your tail? press a button and blind him with a good amount of thick smoke. you can even fly over the enamy and blind an army., i like this, you coud use this as the flairs, so you dont get to mutch diffrent kinds, (the (optically controlled) rocket will be lost in smoke and crash to the ground)

flairs - missles bothering you a bit? release the flairs! the missles will go straight for them instead of you! well only the tracking ones will, the dumb missles will just head straight-> its ok, but i want to see it in a diffrent package, most games use it this way so... see above for more explanation

gass canisters - you have your options to launch either smoke grenades or bio gas to poisen the enamy.

i dunno, woud be repeating to my napalm :D

ps: i basically modded your post, sorry but it is quiker
    this totally reflects MY opinion on YOUR idea, dont come whining i ripped YOUR idea, its your idea but modified

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  6. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

We've been over this before, fer chrissakes. MOST of the vehicles will be BLIMPS.

Also, what does VTOL stand for?

7. SGT. MIKE

SGT. MIKE <blink>BANNED</blink>

i didnt read what blizzerd said its too long i saw the word helicopter

8. Revolver

Revolver Member

-300 points for using the term "trick out".

This is NOT Pimp My Ride.

9. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Fine. Have it your way. All aircraft are VTOL and not helicopters.

10. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

vertical take off and landing

like helicopters, blimps, air cuttlefish, and krakin of the skyes, but not air whales; those just dont land.

11. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

awww.... I really liked the air whales idea.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i clearly explaned it before