grenade mechanics

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by blizzerd, Sep 21, 2010.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

when you throw a grenade (hold mousebutton) it starts draining a bit of stamina and cocks the grenade

when you release mousebutton (or a certain amount of max stamina per throw is reached) you trow a grenade, stamina drain stops and the more stamina you drained at first the further your grenade flies

----

when you throw a grenade (hold mousebutton) it starts draining a bit of stamina and cocks the grenade

when you release mousebutton you trow a grenade, stamina drain stops and the more stamina you drained at first the further your grenade flies

when you throw a grenade (click mousebutton) you throw a grenade and your stamina is decreased with +-25 (standard stamina bar is 100)

if you do not own enough stamina your grenade's throw range is decreased by the percentage missing stamina

----

when you throw a grenade (click mousebutton) you throw a grenade and your stamina is decreased with +-25 (standard stamina bar is 100)

if you do not own enough stamina your grenade's throw speed is decreased (takes longer to cock the grenade and stuff)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Member

This one

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

what about not fixing what isnt broken?

a nice feature would be that you can let the nade drop to your feet with 2nd fire - but is it needed? no, deffinately not :D

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

It should be optional (If implemented). I want some stamina left to sprint away to safety.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I want DOD:S nades with smoke and bigger models.

6. flasche

and you should be able to throw them back :D

7. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

^ Both things suggested above. Do want.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

you can already do that, (it trows a minimal distance) "what about not debating something if you dont know what you talk about" etc

yea.. love and kisses flasche... love and kisses...

anyway, this is needed to "guild" grenade spam from an abusive feature that everyone uses (since its so powerful) so entire complex game mechanics are not used to something that can be used but more sparely then it is now

you should be perfectly capable of trowing a grenade or 2 and sprinting to safety though... that would be stupid if you could not... but you shoudnt be able to lob grenade after grenade after grenade after grenade and then quickly sprint into the exploded rax to clear it out like your fit like a bunny

also smoke, bigger models (on the field) and picking up/trowing back seems very fun

9. flasche

uh last time i did it the nade didnt drop to my feet ...

i dont think nadespam is an issue - except for district, but district is not empires and a shit map and no single balancing change should be made because of that map.
    but tell me, how will you get rid of a barracks, if you dont throw seismic after seismic at it? deconstruct it?

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

you can still trow seismic after seismic, only it will come at a penalty of stamina, and you cant just raise a barracks in 45 seconds

as an engineer you can totally wreck an entire base by just nadespamming the rax and then sitting in the centre grenade every building there is...

the fact that you do not think grenade spam is an issue probably is related to the fact that its quite fun to raise an entire base on your own when the enemy isnt paying attention for 1 minute

and i give you that, ive done it too, but its not beneficial for gameplay, engineers should not be able to kill a base in roughly 60 seconds without any penalties... a group of 2 or 3 engineers working together... fuck yea but not on there own

11. flasche

well shit is there to be taken down. what fun is it to play a game where noone loses (or wins, which is actually the fun part)
    games just have to end at a time - its not simcity with disasters disabled ;)

also, i mainly play gren - but i since engies are still needed, ofc i nadespam raxes ... what else should i do? build a ml?

also teamwork is nothing more than a wish in empires. generally it happens randomly (unless you play with friends) and everyone is after his next point or kill - if they dont camp the VF to get the next tank to waste that is ...
    i think it was chris that said it - you shouldnt enforce something upon players that they dont want. and obviously only a few care about tight teamwork (and it gets rewarded, since those guys usually win your team the round)

12. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

In this context, it is "raze" :)

Also, yes nadespam sucks

13. flasche

deconning, ml turrets or waiting for upgraded tanks sucks more.

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

deconning is very potent in teamwork, grenade spam should still be possible but require infantry numbers, doing it "by yourself" is retarded

deconning actually could be boosted if grenadespamming would be nerfed, atm it is not as strong just because combined with nadespam there is nothing you can do about it

also thanks beerdude for english lesson

15. flasche

whatever ... :pathetic:

16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I mainly have an issue with not ever seeing or noticing the nades. I just randomly start to lose health unless I see the guy actually throwing them.

17. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I duno blizzerd your new pic makes me want ice cream for some reason.

18. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

What is wrong with killing a barracks with 13 seismics?
    It is important that barracks have to be defended because else they die very quickly. This also adds a lot of dynamics to the gameplay.

And in general I also think that grenades don't need a fix.

19. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

[​IMG]

20. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

SIP wins thread.