Greatest Newb Moves

Discussion in 'General' started by JustGoFly, Jan 19, 2013.

1. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Played last night - lots of newbs online. Fair number of vets. Took out my medium tank (HE and Machine Guns) and was keeping it healthy for about 10 minutes when a guy named 01001001 (or something like that) comes up next to me in his tank, jumps out and jumps in my tank as me and another guy are repairing it. He rides away and yells "F'ing NOOB". It lasts 10 seconds before he jumps out of that tank and I watch opposing team destroy it. I am furious. I jump in his tank. Get this - he set it up with High Explosive but not such that the driver can fire. Only the secondary rider can fire. Freaking nut.

For those online during this episode - I apologize for my explosive rant. But I think he deserved it. You guys didn't though.

Learn the game - don't be an ass!

What are your experiences with greatest noob moves?

Vinnie

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

A secondary "rider" can never fire, at worst it was bound to weapon group 2, aka press 2 on your keyboard to go pew-pew.

Still, either an asshole or a newbie. Sounds like both but the name sounds familiar.

There's plenty of great newb moments in my mind, but they all basically come down to those guys listening to what the more experienced people have to say and doing it pretty well, without needing to repeat the orders. But that's rather common, isn't it?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  3. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

I did confuse that primary/secondary stuff too when I was new.

4. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

The most hilarious thing happened yesterday, when we were playing with willey. Map was duststorm and we basically ran from the ruins to enemy base and at about half the way someone started to shoot at us and we just kept running towards while he was shooting. Right before we got to melee range he was able to kill willey with pistol and he had gone prone. I ran to willey dodging while the guy bursted his last ammo with smg to me while willey jumped on top of him and meleed him to death.

5. BroT

BroT Member

I smell CoD fags.

6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Me, getting out of the CV just now to squad revive. And instantly getting run over. With no support or tickets left.

7. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

No offense intended, but your putting a machine gun on a tank that already has HE cn (a great infantry killer) in my opinion already constitues a newbie mistake

8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Depends really, if you are facing mainly infantry and have a light (as in weight) armor, getting a secondary that doesnt generate as much heat to finish weakened perps is not really a bad idea.

9. @@@@Marcin@@@@

@@@@Marcin@@@@ Developer

even though I've played the game since like 2008 and I'm a coder , I have trouble sometimes visualizing how the com GUI looks like, or what features are in it already. ( or maybe the code is that crappy :p)

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Except mgs are extremely hot this patch. It produces 400,000 kelvin to fire this weapon, for 12 seconds.

11. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

There are two "lightweight" armors in the game, and those are absorbent and composite. If the comm gets composite/chemistry, he probably got umls as well, so not using uml is a huge mistake. If the comm got absorbant/chemistry, I'd honestly rather have the extra firepower, as antitank abilities with just an HE cannon with abs is subpar. Honestly, a vehicle machine gun should really only be used in the early game, where your cannons and mls are shit, or in the super late game, by which point you've already more or less won, and the use of vehicle mgs become more or less irrelevant by then. A good tank driver will ALWAYS outmaneuver a good infantryman, and as a tank driver, it's usually more important to kill tanks over infantry. Hence, using a anti-infantry mg on a medium tank when chemistry has been researched is just a waste.

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Tell me how do you HE an infantry who's higher than you.
    Though I wouldn't put MG (on HE/HIT heavy tank only) if the map rarely gives such condition.
    *Problem? :D"
    Also, for medium, single HE isn't powerful enough, MG could provide some great extra forces.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  13. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

you cant say you play the game since like 2008 when you only play it once a fucking year. Next some noob from 2007 goes like omg I played this game since 2007, like once every 3 years , I'm uber pro and I know errthing bout empires. Thats you marcin.

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You should be like Paradox instead Marcin, play it relentlessly for 2-3 years, and still be shit at the game.

15. Z100000M

Alex, as I said, " If you are facing mostly infantry." This includes the fact that the enemy is behind on research/has no vf/is cornered. I didnt say anywhere its the most optimal solution.

Also, no, sometimes you can't outmanouver inf, especially with coolant and on tight maps.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  16. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

I use single slot chain gun on pretty much every tank I buy and I always get atleast one kill per mile with it. Whoever says that thing is useless has just not gotten around how to kill with it.

17. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

yeah hexi, see justgofail losing a heavy to you as a gren on foot last night on crossroads. he should write about himself in the noob moves thread.

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I sometimes roll out a med with HE and an anti-infantry weapon if there's enough friendly tanks and just play support, raping infantrymen while friendlies push back the armor. Works like a charm.

19. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

People who steal my vehicle when im repairing it.
    People who clump up in one area and refuse to advance
    People who get stuck on some of the stupidest shit and blocks everyone else.

20. Z100000M

Anyone going scout with sr.
    Especially on tight maps.
    Especially on my team.