Good Commanders

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by -Mayama-, Feb 3, 2008.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

So many games are lost because the team doesnt know the basics of the game.
    Like your comm researchs dumg + reactive and your team bitches around that
    the comm fails at research and buying only afv's.

From my experience i think the less skill the more the people whine and insult the
    comm. Ive commed some games recently and im not even a moderate comm but
    i commanded the "stack team" and no one bitches and no single insult on me.

2. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Really, what the hell are people meaning when they say a team's stacked? Ive always thought it was unbalanced teams, but they whine that when both sides are completely equal! It makes no sense, its like they're whining because they like the sound of their finders whacking the keys and cant think of anything non-nonsensical to rattle out.

Though, it is funny sometimes when people say that BE's stacked.

And if Comm gave us DUMGs and Reactive, I'd be the happiest little schoolgirl in all of... wherever the game's set! APC with some reactive and DUMGs, there's a recipe for pissing off all of NF.

3. Mahtipakarat

Mahtipakarat Member

There is also skill stacks, that means if one side has more experienced players (like clan, or something) and other side has more newer players who don't play as much (lots of emp_recruits) then teams can be staced even if they are even. :confused:

I think Boooooom3 should be added on that list as good commander and maybe Blight (though i have not seen him command very often).

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

New list new try

5. gezor

gezor Member

yes, stacking is a big problem in empires. i see it nearly every game - for example BE has 4 JPLers > most experienced players join BE because they want to win.

in general u can say: the team with less noobs wins. team sizes & poor balance dont matter.

Blight is a good player, but i never saw him commanding ...

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i'd say it's pretty true that good teams can loose graciously and will only help a bad comm. whining doesn't come from the top, it comes from the bottom of the empires skill pile.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

stacking is made a big problem by noobs who are intimidated by clan tags.. Alot of skilled people arnt in clans and some clan members dont were tags or use different names(i dunno why but they do).. these people join the non clan stacked team and have a great chance of winning and yet all the people on that team join spec or just quit playing even tho they dont realize they have skilled members on there team.. its not the clans fault its the idiots who think that there team sucks fault.. If all the clans didnt have the tags people would stop bitching and joining the teams they think are better... some of the funnest matches I ever played were on the losing team.. its a good way to get better so quit being pussys

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I stack with people i like to play with, not with people that are skilled.
    Good game is where the funny people are. Not where the skill is.

9. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Erm Mayama.. I think you've mistaken me on the point xD . I don't ALWAYS want to com, but sure there are times when I can make my team win.. So say 50% of gametime I want to com, rest I enjoy in tank battle..

There's nothing more giving than to come from behind and shoot a few standard cannon + mls in someone's ass...

10. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

I've finnaly started to com. I've had bizzare amount of sucess. 4 wins to 2 losses I think.. How ever I still lack confidence. I'll keep trying tho. If any one who's seen me com has some comments please, say whats on your mind.

11. Fireball

Fireball Member

You lie.

Every time I lose a game I cut off another one of my fingers.

12. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

What're you cutting off now?

13. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Manhunt0r is and will always be the nicest commander. He treat us so well in-game!

14. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Its because of this:

Simon posted this on the CW forums (http://www.commwarriors.com/forum/in...21924#msg21924)

Hi boys,

This is Simon's mom. I hope he isn't bothering you guys too much. He is going through a bit of a hard time right now at school and has been diagnosed with a split personality disorder. He has been crying about this when people tell him when hes playing that he is not minglee. If you guys could just go along with it for now that would be great because it really stresses him out. Hopefully next month I will be able to afford medicine for him. But for now please just go along with him, yesterday he couldn't sleep at all because he was up all night crying about how he was really "minglee" and he wanted to get into cw, this morning luckily he was normal. If you guys could be nice to him that would be really great he doesn't really have any friends and the only time he is ever happy is when he is playing video games.

Thank-you,

Janice

15. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

actually lately i didnt have any major opportunity to treat players like shit, somehow whenever i commanded 95% of the players didnt do anything extremely retarded and most of em even used the research i was doing:confused: .

16. @@@@ACE@@@@

@@@@ACE@@@@ Member

playing the game as com s best part of then game its so ez to com only time u lose is if ur team ignores ur orders/targets

17. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Everything about that post is wrong.
    The English and what you said about commanding be easy.
    Commanding is hard if your playing a real game with real people.
    If you think commanding is easy, it is these reasons : Your team is stacked, or your an idiot.

18. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

plus even if your team follows orders chances are good they are going to be killed more often than they kill

19. Fireball

Fireball Member

Are you trying to write a poem with the random line breaks you're inserting?

20. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

It is to accent his message... Jus if I try to write liek dis n be all gr8t n stuff...

What I see when I play Empires is this: A relativley competant com playing with people that are just running around like headless chickens...

They don't know what needs to be done and are happy just defending a single spot and not attacking; if you do not attack you cannot win...

And the commander doesn't have enough cohones/experience/jackassary to scream at the team and tell them to haull ass...

I remember the days when I wasn't in the clan; I would always sneer at anyone who said "Oh look the other team is full of clanners; gg" or "Nub vote him for com hes liek in a clan!" I remember screaming "A tag means nothing" aaah... A part of me misses those days :p