Goldeneye: Source is about to release Beta 3!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Maxaxle, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

...Which means we have to pass some massive milestone! What do you think?

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Man I have so many fond memories of the goldeneye 64.

3. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

the nect update introduces some new weapons and is comeing soon

4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

PROXIMITY MINES MOFUCKA

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

slappers only

6. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

I like that the movie villians are player models, but I was not impressed by the weapon models nor the action in the recent game play video.

7. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I Am Invincible!

I see nothing wrong with the weapon models, & the DM looks like well... like GoldenEye (& It's spritual sequals Perfect Dark & the TimeSplitters series), though why they are jumping is beyond me. D:

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i loooove perfect dark

9. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

this plus the dual p90s

10. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

hey, jumping would have been nice to have been able to do in goldeneye

personally though, Goldeneye: source and Perfect Dark: source should merge, because those games were so similar (except perfect dark was better in pretty much every way, but that's not a bad thing)

11. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Dual AR15's. Or dual sniper rifles.

12. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Soo... has anyone played yet? >.>

13. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I played it, and here's what I posted on moddb about it:

This mod would be so much better if it didn't revolve all around spawn killing. You spawn with no weapons and have to go find some, and this almost always ends up with you having to use just your slapper against someone with a gun who will kill you. You'll die over and over without having a gun. Now once you do actually have a gun, you just have to wait around where you originally spawned until someone respawns and is helpless. You kill them and repeat, and it got old for me after about 15 minutes. This problem wasn't in the original N64 version because it was only 4 players max. Perfect Dark helped this issue by allowing the slapper to take weapons. Until this is resolved, I don't see this mod having much longevity.

It looks pretty polished, but the gameplay is still standard DM which got old for me years ago.

14. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

Just played it myself, and gotta say they did a pretty good job with the mapping and such. Re-created all the maps from the N64 with all the optional triggerable stuff as well. Very clean looking indeed. But yeah, i agree, Spawn killing is a huge problem and the only way to combat this is only playing Team Deathmatch. There is no reticule but that just me bitching about it.

And to do my little bit of advertiseing, Reborn Gamers is hosting a server for it.
    Server Name: Nachos and Bond Girls
    Server IP: 75.126.221.204:27015

And we're also hosting a mirror for it if you are having problems with filefront like many people seem to be having (something about your download has expired)
    GoldenEye: Source Download Here

15. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

Back on topic...
    @SirSnipes: When is this next release of which you speak?

16. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

Topic was never off. The beta3 released a few days ago (3 days ago i think)

17. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

No Oddjobs. :D

Goldeneye was the shit, until Perfect Dark came and completely replaced it. Still the greatest console FPS ever, IMO.

18. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

Update: You can change starting weaopns, you can give players knifes and starting weps such as a pistol and with Team Deathmatch, there isn't much spawn killing

19. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

the mod fails in my opinion. I had played it a while ago and decided to pick it back up. Helped set up the server etc. Now heres the issue. Theres a bit of bugged shit. My custom model crashed people when they shot me when it doesnt do that in other mods. The weapons are horribly unbalanced. Once you spawn in certain maps after the game has been going u have to run around and find a gun while everyone shoots at you. Also, the hunting knife has mad retarded range. I ended up leaving half way through the round last night just because i wasnt impressed. Everything seemed a bit off. The mapping team did a good job but it would be nice to see some balanced weapons.

20. Pope_Homeless_XIII

I only had one instance of spawn killing but he didn't survive long; though most of the servers I joined spawned you with weapon. The weapons didn't seem too unbalanced (& I'm pretty sure headshots do count, I've gone from full heath to dead a few times), I was actually doing pretty decent with the PP7 one round. Though I do agree on at least having a few seconds of immunity. I personally enjoyed it, it makes for a great "I only have 15 minutes to kill" type mod.

...& was quietly replaced by TimeSplitters 2 & eventually TS: Future Perfect >.> (Part 1 was a little boring imo).