Glycen city is slidey

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ^Dee^, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Then they would be strong enough, but you don´t have research on glycencity don´t you?

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I'm not behind making it bigger. the more compressed the better.

3. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

how about VF's return after a little while, like a minute

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I'm all for a limited amount of turrets in a specific area, say you can't have more than 2 turrets near eachother, otherwise you can't build.

5. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

grenadiers seem to have quite a lot of cover for taking down most turrets, and for shelling the middle flag in general - don't they?

6. Caelo

Caelo Member

Same here.. This would definately help against turret farming..
    Now if only the turrets would cost resource/minute...

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

A lvl 3 turret has a ranger larger then the fog... and can shoot you down without you seeing where it is... But the turrets arent alone... there is usualy infantry all over the place...

8. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

I would realy like to see the VF reapear to help with time and need to be rebuilt. Also some alternate paths like being able to cut through some of the buildings would be nice(providing some good ambush/sniping spots hehe). I dont think a map has to be large to be fun just more interwoven with paths. Think MINERVA. Also being able to spawn at the capturable white flags would be cool.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

not 1 minute if you loose you're VF; killing it has got to count for something

i say 10 minutes.

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

After you rebuild it, it also takes away a certain number of res? That way the enemy team also has an advantage when destroying it over and over

11. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

quick interjection: I have decided that I do in fact like the slippery surfaces and they add a unique element to the map.

As for the VF, if a level 3 is out of the question b/c of range, how about two level 2, or three level 1?

12. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

while the vf is down theres no use for res, how about a minimum time of 2min or something for respawn, but the vf takes 2k res or some such to rebuild? - meaning the better a team is doing the faster they can get their vf back (although when they do there will be no res, or only a little).

I;m probably just agreeing wiht the post two or so above, just addressing the point of what to do if there isnt enough res (ie wait).

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah, how about, it takes 5000 res to appear, which means that it could appear imidiately if you already have 5000 res, or will take quite a while if you have no flags at all.

on the other hand, i don't so much like this idea, because it really benefits the winning team and is bad for the loosing team, making the game more one sided towards the winning team.

also, sneaking past the entire enemy team and getting all the way to their VF for the loosing team is damn impossible, but not nearly as hard for the winning team.

14. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Not to mention it's impossible to achieve using the current entities. I think a simple time delay of 2-10 minutes would be fine.