Glitch. Freeze [HAMMERTIME!]

Discussion in 'Support' started by J_4mes., Apr 10, 2008.

1. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

Hi, ive gotten to the point where its just pissed me off so bad i want to eat my motherboard.

[THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN HL2] --[p.s from my knowledge]
    i can be playing CS:S or Empires and my game [what ever im in at the time]

my comp will stop picking up packets from the server, then i will be unable to move and after that escapade i will come back round to my sense and reconnect to the server after 2-3seconds of desync and everything is fine again.

extra information -- ive been told numerous things :
    .Steam new friends application. turned it off [didnt work]
    .conflicting drivers [untested so unsure atm]

also the fact i have 10% GB left on my harddrive, so im not sure if its a space problem.

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

It happens, it's a server issue I believe, just open the console and type retry, thats all you can really do.

3. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

nay, you misunderstand me -- i dont get disconnected as in booted saying 'lost connection' i loose packets and freeze up, i dont mean the crash that was in the hotfix

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I know what you mean. All you can do is stand there and look around. Its as if the game paused around you. If you wait, red lettering in the top right corner say something of a connection error.

5. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

nope - i dont get that at all.

i get the freezing error, but not the disconnecting warning at top -- it doesnt last that long.

im the only one who ive heard of that gets it -- other than one other person. the rest seem to either A) ignore it B) its regarded as taboo

but the thing is, its not restricted to empires, so its not an empires problem

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

7. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

Background Processes: Failed
    The following background processes were found on your system. Please try exiting or uninstalling them, and see if that resolves your issue
    Process: vsmon.exe
    ZoneLabs Firewall Monitor is running on this system. Make sure all required ports are open, and all instances of Steam.exe, hl.exe, and hl2.exe are allowed access to the internet.
    Severity: Very High

^Turned off my firewall and now they all say passed, thanks for the suggestion. ill have to test later to see if it stops the freezing

8. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

firewalls ftl.

</filler>