Glider insertion, also how I would like AA guns to work.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chris0132', Apr 27, 2008.

1. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Spawning it at the vertical limit of the skybox wouldn't help, as it would still simply appear in mid air.

I also do not agree with the idea of making a large, weak, and highly visible vehicle vulnerable to every weapon in the game, it would make it entirely useless, and it is not at all consistent with the idea that small arms do not damage vehicles.

I request, then, that you devote more effort into wording your posts with greater precision.

I also don't know who you are, and I am not being unpleasant, I am being nice, if I was being unpleasant it would be much more unpleasant.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. lansen

lansen Member

APCs just appear in the vehicle factory, don't they?

Yes, I'll take better care. I do have some difficulty articulating myself, and I'm trying my best. I think I did a reasonably good job of communicating my fundamental ideas, though.

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes they do, and ideally I would have a nice detailed construction animation put in, because fading in a vehicle you're standing next to isn't much different from popping it in.

Something at a great distance though would look fine with a fade in.

Vehicle factories also sheild most the production area from view from three of four sides, and you can't see into them from a distance, the vehicle appearing is not as obvious, whereas a large airplane appearing in the middle of the sky is quite obvious and looks rather bad.

A fade in is a small addition which makes a big difference.

4. lansen

lansen Member

Let's fade in the glider then.

That was easy.

At any rate, I don't think anyone's going to be looking up the entire game waiting for a glider to spawn so they can come and whinge about it.

5. -UWE- Advisor

-UWE- Advisor Member

Oh one here =D

One very awsome idea.
    I'd LOVE this ^^ (NOT SARCASM)

6. tysonm1

tysonm1 Member

Likewise! But if this was to be added you wouldn't want it on the battlefield forever do you? So it'll be like a transport hand glider...... Except you don't use your hands. Maybe make it possible to be damaged by infantry ground fire because it glides so there's barely any armour on them. But it would land to pick up people but maybe take a while to get in the air again.

Don't drink and fly :)

7. Zombified

Zombified Member

just an idea here, but how abou8t having the glider have a engine, but make it toggelable. But when the glider is using the engine, the ability not to be spotted by AA is lost. so it could spawn at a aircraft factory(or up in the sky) and use the engine to reach a point where from it can slowly glide down to a landing.