give the nf heavy a 3mg slot

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Avair, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Avair

Avair Member

what the title says, give the nf heavy a 3mg slot to compensate for the be dual cannons ; o

2. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

The NF heavy has more armor. The BE has more firepower.

Deal with it.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

if they ever add that needed amount of heat to shoot feature i think it should only be for BE tanks

maybe that would even things up more

4. Exile

Exile Member

it dont matter that nf hvys have more plate than be hvys most Emp vet agree that be tanks are better.
    its all very well having more armour than ur opponant but 2 He rounds will chew thru 6 layers of armour in no time and thats if u can get 6 layers of plate on a tank with the weight restrictions in the last few rcs

i agree with avair on this
    i also think light tanks (be and nf) should be stripped of the standard tank cannon and given 20mm gun instead fitted into the mg slot

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

I don't agree...

At least not with Heavies.

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I think the be-heavies are definitely stronger.
    If you get damaged you can just turn around your be-tank, but nf-tanks nearly always get killed before they can turn or they heat-up and can't move.
    In my opinion this should be changed, but at the moment there are some more important things and it can wait until v3.0 or the 3.0 alpha-releases ;)

7. cHoCoBo lOl

cHoCoBo lOl Member

im pretty sure they're fair -.-

8. Simon

Simon Banned

I'm pretty sure your name is chocobo and therefore your opion does not count.

The extra mg slot isn't really as good as it sounds. I'd rather see another 2 slot ml. (1 3slot and 1 2slot). Only real thing the extra slot gives you is 3slotDUMG and its not really that good.

That might be somewhat unbalanced as there are some ML options that do awsome damage per heat.

9. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

A single plate advantage doesn't balance out with double firepower. You make a 6 plate single HE NF Heavy, fight against a five plate double HE BE Heavy, and tell me if you won or not.

Unless the BE tanker doesn't know how to aim worth a crap, you'll lose 10 out of 10 times.

I'm playing BE alot, and I never got beaten by a single tank on the conditions that I wasn't already hurt, in level 3 ML turret range, or broadsided by another tank. Seriously.

I love the BE heavy to bits, but it's certainly not equal to the NF heavy.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

NF tanks are alot faster and can mover around better.. but like i said before that doesnt really help on maps like Money or Crossroads

but i think tank battles are pretty even on maps like mvalley or duststorm

11. Slithzerikai

Giving them a 3-slot MG (as I've thrown around plenty) won't really do all that much, name one machine gun that does more damage than some HE barraging?

12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

BE heavy is way too powerful compared to the NF Heavy. Tank wars are far from balanced. Increase the NF weight and decrease the max BE armor plates...that is one step. Next step might be to increase the heat capacity of the NF Heavy, cause the BE Heavy to have longer reload times if it has both barrels set up with guns.

13. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

If the NF was much faster I could see that as being a decent advantage

14. Simon

Simon Banned

That is why I said 1 3 slot and 1 2 slot. That way you couldn't double nuke.

15. Simon

Simon Banned

You would be able to shoot 2x nukes at once the way you can get 2 HE shells off even though you don't have the heat as long as they are bound to 1 key that + bioengine might result in some laming.

16. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

How many more people will you kill if you fire two nukes in the same place at the same time?

17. Simon

Simon Banned

2x the damage to tanks and buildings........

18. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

hmmmm too much is my immediate reaction

19. Slithzerikai

It's not balancing it, it's creating something too expensive, with too many downsides to be considered an balance. Let alone an advantage. I'm much more for a 3-slot machine gun, as it could be handy to give a BE tank that extra bit of damage that they can give you.

20. Simon

Simon Banned

Uhhhhh do you have any idea how strong 2xUML would be??? I am really starting to think I play a diffrent empires mod in an alternate universe where all the people and models are the same but weapon values are diffrent. Where is this extra damage coming from to kill the BE tank? 3slotDUMG??? HEMG does just as good damage and is better on heat(I am just kinda guessing at this but really the diffrence is marginal even if DUMG is better)

Simple solution give the NF tank 1 3slot ML and 1 2slot ML. Or 1 4slot. An extra MG slot is useless unless 3DUMG is upgraded significantly. The only problem I can see with this is it might be too overpowered. UML I'm pretty sure has the best damage/heat ratio and it is pretty fast to fire.