Give losing teams more advantage

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Jane0815, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Jane0815

Jane0815 Member

Is it possible, to give losing teams (measured by score) more ressources by refs? Perhaps you can make a higher productivity rate? Most of the matches I played, the winning team has always more players. New players don't want to lose and joined often the winning team. I can't understand that. If I join a game, I look out, which team is losing... and then I join to the losing team, to make a more difficult battle... Perhaps, you can give the losing teams a little bit more power? A game gets often boring... teams are winning battles, because they played over 10 or 20 minutes with 2 or 3 more players...

2. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

what you are suggesting here is that we fix the problem at its results not at its cause
    thats always bad from a design perspective

better idea would be a system that would even out the playercount every now and then

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

The losing team becomes zombies and infects members of the winning team?

According to God Trickster, the next version will see a system that better moderates the income of the winning and losing teams.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  4. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

For once spartacus, i can agree with you.
    I shall ask the Jeep gods to spare your life when next we meet.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

What you're suggesting isn't helping the losing team, it's punishing the winning team. At the end of the day, I'm all for slowing down the slippery slope, but you shouldn't gain an advantage because you're losing.

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

We just need a solution to stop the snowball effect, we need an X function not x^2...

Snowball effect stopped = profit.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Diminishing returns, which is implemented next patch, is a way to make it less of a losing-for-half-an-hour-before-defeat but it hasn't been tested before with a normal game so we don't even know.

8. Paradox

Would this be a good idea?: If you are winning on tickets and mapcontrole ( refs ) you're tanks will cost 10 percent more or something stupid to fight back the fucking snowball effect.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

That would increase the snowball effect. Aren't you like Grade 11 didn't you pass elementary mathematics?

If you are winning on refs and tickets, you are most obviously winning in general.

10. Paradox

Moar...

11. Krazer

Krazer Member

The next patch will include diminishing returns for the amount of Refs you own.

This means that the team with the most refs will be receiving less res per ref than the "losing" team. The team with more will still receive more res overall, however it will reduce the "slippery slope" by a bit.

Also I think Vehicle armor is being slightly nerfed. Though maybe someone can clarify because I don't quite remember.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  12. Trickster

I was going to do it but I reverted it, because I realised that I had no way of testing. If we find a way to test things then I'll try and re-introduce them.

13. Jane0815

Jane0815 Member

That sounds very good :)

14. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

*cries*

That's disappointing.

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

GI JANE?!?! wahhh

16. Trickster

It isn't Dubee.

17. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

well shoot

18. PatPeter

PatPeter I have no idea what I am talking about

This suggestion comes down to one word: handicap.

If the losing team is losing because of teamstacks, then after a certain number of players the last players to join a team should be sent to the other team (`mp_limitteams` in Counter-Strike: Source).

If the losing team is losing because of skillstacks, you can either complain to the server owners to add a global HLstatsX (*shudders*) to every server (again in the case of some) and try balancing teams based on that, or...

You can ask the developers to create a system that balances time in the Empires community (by forum registration date) with Empires in-game skill (which would require a similar ranking system to the one previously mentioned).

Neither of the two latter observations do I see ever coming to fruition, so I would suggest you push for the former if you want a viable change. Rewarding the losing team for losing is a contradiction.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011