Getting back into Modeling - Send me work!

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by unconnected, Jul 21, 2007.

1. unconnected

unconnected Member

After taking a few years off I am going to get back into Modeling, was pretty good did it for 3-4 years straight 8 hours a day.

I need jobs though, so if you need something modeled just put it in here and pretty please include reference images so I don't have to spend all my time looking them up.
    I can't skin/texture yet but I am going to start researching it, so if anyone has any links or good tutorials on skinning that would be great.

Thanks a bunch and can't wait to get some stuff done!

2. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Do you know how to animate your models?

3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Krenzo once popped into the server asking if anyone who could model, could model him an eplosion, with a shockwave ring and all...

Also I heard that megel needs some BE themed pistols...

4. picard131

picard131 Member

Am I hearing the beginnings of a proper nuke effect?

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

make a really nice SMG 3 based from the old version for NF.

6. unconnected

unconnected Member

hmm, I can animate but I don't know the proper process for exporting the animations to be used in HL2.
    Explosions will have to wait for a bit, I am not sure if the explosions I can make would be appropriate to a game as I've only used them in movie effects so they involve tons and tons of particles

7. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

I'm ust now trying to learn to model. Is there any way you could help me with make a custom tank turret? It would be very simple.

8. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Yeh unconnected, you can't really export dynamics for games, I know there is a way to turn sprite based dynamics into polygon mesh and be able to export the keyframed animation into HL2, there might even be a way to make your own mel script to do the same with the basics of particles, but I'm afraid none of the good stuff can be done for games. I am talking about Maya right now though. The past weeks I've been trying a way to idd get some nice explosion effects that I would be able to export, but havent got very far with it. For instance fluids, its a nice way to create smoke and you can definitly export every layer (when its a 3d simulation) as a texture file along with its animation, but the magic of it is that when rendered those layers will no just look like 5 textures in a row but like a whole.

So myeh, best way is to just deform mesh and use sprites, then keyframe it for ingame use.