gaming peripherals

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by taiiat, Apr 1, 2008.

1. taiiat

taiiat Member

this is our discussion on gaming peripherals now. it wouldnt hurt to tell us what gaming/other stuff you have eithier.
    me:
    -razer lycosa
    -razer diamondback
    -nyko airflo universal controller
    -belkin media pilot

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Hey because my "good" LAZZZOR Mouse is broken I use my old Fujitsu/Siemens
    ball mouse with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel and that baby kicks more ass than
    any modern mouse i ever had. Marketprice about 10 € ^^

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

I've been thinking about getting a new mouse. I've heard these scroll wheels are pretty useful. Can anyone recommend me a good PS/2 mouse with a scroll wheel?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I would rather have a trackball, so if anyone has any good recommendations, they would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  4. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Go with a tablet and pen, much better feedback imo

5. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

5 € optical mouse for 3 years now.
    works perfetly =)

6. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Nuralnet Interface (Plug and play)

7. Goose

Goose Member

Razer Diamondback Mouse
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Razer Barracuda Headphones and Sound Card
    Saitek Flight Stick

8. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

G15 Keyboard

G9 Mouse

Overkill!

9. supaste

supaste Member

some cheap ass £5 mouse
    a cheap keyboard
    sennheiser 161 headset
    saitek cyborg evo joystick

Also today i noticed that the surface you use your mouse on makes loadddddddddds of differance... the whiter and plainer the better

10. Kuma

Kuma Member

Generic mouse
    Generic keyboard
    The microphone that came with my 1990 Macintosh IIsi (it feels weird because that means it's my age...)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  11. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Saitek Eclipse 2
    Wireless Microsoft Mouse
    Generic Logitech Mic
    My Wang

12. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Razer DeathAdder Mouse
    Microsoft Headset
    Emachines keyboard

13. taiiat

taiiat Member

wow. never realized the crap most people use!

how true. i found tha tout too. lul i tried to use my diamondback on plexiglass, well, that definatly diddnt work. suxs, i wanted a complete plexiglass desk. but i had to change one plate of plexiglass to a piece of some wood :P . dont care that its wood, its just that its not a snice as plexiglass.
    lol i have to convert these currencies, i know teh euro is pretty muc 2x of US, but francs, i had no idea.

14. Deiform

Deiform Member

The Razor mice do feel a lot better in your hand. On the fly DPI changing is pretty sweet too if you're into that kind of thing. I have a Copperhead and it's been a solid investment as it feels so damn good, and has a handy 5 buttons.

Of course, you're mostly paying for the brand name and the fancy pulsating lights, but I do recommend a Razor mouse.

Keyboard is up to personal choice realy, I got a G11 because I didn't want the stupid LCD screen of teh G15 as I knew I would never use it. Also the G11 has more macro buttons which I bind for auto buying equipment in CS. Has a fancy switch too which makes it not Alt-Tab out of the game when you accidentally hit the windows key. Again though, you are mostly paying for the fancy lights and the brand name more than anything else, but it's hard to find anything else half decent.

And Franks? They don't exist anymore. Do you mean pounds, which are 2 dollars to the pound? Euros are 1.5ish to the pound.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  15. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Actually, surface depends on the mouse. For the old trackball's, it just needs to have friction with rubber. For optical mice, particularly laser mice, you want something as unplain as possible. The plainer something is, the less detail there is. If you use an absolutely perfectly white flat and plain surface, you would get nothing as the sensors would detect no change.

http://www.ozhardware.com.au/Input-...S&S-Professional-Gaming-Mouse-Pad-Review.html

Mousepads like that are much better. Your mouse will be more responsive as the details in the mouse pad are greater in number, making it easier to detect movement.

16. taiiat

taiiat Member

ohes. the f with the line under it isnt francs? oops?!

and i agree, razer does have a lot of flashy stuff, and its a big brand but its really good. it does feel good, and the feet make it feel like im not using a mouse at all! and another bonus, its silent! but only 5 buttons? i like the more buttons, for more options of things to do. i like having 2 forward and 2 backward buttons. although i think il have to get the lachesis. it looks really really good. and il probably get the tarantula too. but then id have 3 keyboards, and my comp desk'd start to get cluttered. cause i dont see the tarantula having media player support, unless its one of the actual keys. if so id sell my lycosa. damn, id have to get the battle light too. the tarantula just isnt complete without the battle light. and i could use the armadillo but i have too many wires for it to handle. i think i have too many wires, just maybe. theyres like 30+ wires behind my screen. yea my desks only got a few wires...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  17. taiiat

taiiat Member

(i double posted cause editing doesnt change the thread status)
    woa this thread died. apparently noone else has any gaming stuff? unless i can be proven wrong?

18. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I have a Hueg Penis™ to slap dem hoes wit.
    I am considering an upgrade, as a lot of people seem to recommend newer version to me over e-mail, they never seem to respond back though, I'm very satisfied with my current, I'm also trying to get the latest drivers of aids for it, to pwn them hoes even moar. It's very hard nowadays to get some quality aids drivers, the market has saturated immensely over the last decade or so.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  19. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Now I really wonder how the wireless works..

20. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Wireless: the keyboard emits a signal to the receiver and the receiver interprets it and presses that key. Honestly, i wouldn't want a wireless keyboard cause there's devices that can track and crack the signals. Basically a hardware key logger.