Game refuses to let you change class

Discussion in 'Support' started by NobleDragon, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NobleDragon

NobleDragon Member

Anyone else have this problem? I have no idea what causes it but it is extremely annoying to be an engineer and trying to change to Rifleman or Gren to defend base and the game wont let you.

2. pixelized

pixelized Member

It's usually some retarded window isn't closed. Try hitting escape closing the server list and then resume game. This usually fixes that kind of error for me. Also hit enter make sure you have a valid spawn pt. selected and close that window.

3. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

if its the bug im thinking of, try holding shift and clicking. and if its the same bug, you can change in a barracks but not an armory and not when dead.

4. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I had this one today. Not sure why it happened.

5. SniperJP02

SniperJP02 Member

Well I know theres a bug that if you join a squad and get your first free skill and then leave the squad without reaching 10 points you cannot change your class. If you join a new squad or reach 10 points you can then change your class. And this has been around for a while if it is the problem you had.

6. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Confirmed it. Nice find.

7. NobleDragon

NobleDragon Member

You know, now that i think about I always did notice sometime after this bug happens that im the only one left in my squad (makes me even madder cause there is usually like more than 5 not including me)

8. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I think I ran into another way the bug worked once. It was some strangeness involving switching teams after having selected class but not having spawned. Caused my class to be locked in *grumble*.

I had it all figured out, then I forgot to post it, but it goes something like that.

Oh, why do I get all my selection (Team, Class, spawn point) screens thrown at me like 50 times?

9. SniperJP02

SniperJP02 Member

Thanks. But I noticed it a while ago I should of posted it earlier, my bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.