G4TC Empires Stats

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by OuNin, Jul 24, 2009.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

They should just get rid of the point ranking stuff and keep the statistics.

2. communism

communism poof

Ive yet to realise the rank system until this thread, its not a big deal honestly. I play gren and usually cant kill shit (of course). If I'm not playing gren on the rare occosions its cause someone that actually knows how to play is in my squad and im reviving. Yet im rank 100 something with less days that anyone, and for a noob that doesn't play much thats good I guess. Ignore the shit itll go away eventually I guess

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I did ignore it, I now maybe melee a bit more because I find it funny to have my favourite weapon as melee, but outside of district I don't play any different, and I don't see why people get so worked up over it. If Sonecha and Youzy are supposedly point whoring like that, then it's their time they're wasting, not ours, so just leave them to it. There's nothing to gain from being top.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I like this idea.

just cause you and commie ignore it doesn't mean everyone else will. The point is people will play the game differently to get higher ranks instead of helping the team or having fun.

5. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

If you don't like the answer, then don't ask the question.
    If you still does you are weak and should not have sex. To make an end to your genetic line.

6. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

And again:

The stats just doesn't match to empires.

On the first page you have
    Kills, Deaths, K/D Ratio, Headshots, Hs per Kill.

All of them are very irrelevant for empires. So if you want to keep the stats, then a least change the front page. Or better just remove them.

7. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

This are not official Empires Stats.
    The data is solely collected on the G4TC servers. If you play on the Learning or any other server there are no statistics.
    Nobody is enforced to visit their stats page.
    If you want disable stats for you do this.
    About the point whoring of Youzy. He runs outside the competition. He plays 10-14 hours a day. That is long as a double shift for me at the hospital. Seriously who want to compete him? :rolleyes:

Nevertheless I'm surprised that MOOtant didn't close this thread too.
    This are G4TC stats and the discussion should be taken to their forums.

They certainly appreciate feedback and have open ears to suggestions.
    Give their Website a shoot. http://board.games4thecommunity.co.uk/

8. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Most of the players are playing on the G4TC servers. So they are a kind of official Empires Stats.
    And if the stats are influencing the gameplay in a negative way, this should be discussed also in this forum.

But many thanx for "/hlx_hideranking". Just disabled the ranking. ^^
    It would be perfect, if this would be the default setting.

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

People don't read our statements on the g4tc site of why its bad they just think we are complaining about not being able to rank up..

10. recon

recon SM Support Dev

People don't read the statements from the G4TC staff about what the stats are for.

I still don't get why you guys care about your rank, or why you care about the stats. Like I said before, it's kind of sad. Perhaps if you answered my [insert rage here] question...

I use the system to see what weapons I use most, what classes I play most and where most of my points come from (e.g. kills, repair, heal, rev, etc). It's also interesting to see what weapons get the most kills, and who the top users of a given weapon (all the gren weapons probably look like a JPL roster :P).

HLX CE isn't the ideal platform to build Empires stats on. I picked it since I didn't want to write a system from scratch. I think it provides a lot of valuable data; some of which a custom system wouldn't collect until late in its development.

Empires is a really complex game for a statistics system to record. There are lots of variables, and lots of things that we can't record (most of which are crucial). A custom system would be the ideal solution, but I don't have the time or interest to write one.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Seriously?! Are you even reading what we have been saying at all?! We DONT CARE ABOUT OUR RANK. But lots of others do! You think its fine whole groups of people go under water and heal them self's for an entire match?! You think its fine that people think of there KDR before team work?

Our suggestion about getting rid of ranks but keeping stats will let you see what weapons you use the most and all that other crap. But It will stop people from playing the game to whore points and let them play how its meant to be played.. Can you understand that!?

12. recon

recon SM Support Dev

People are really going under water for an entire match? That's pathetic. PM me their Steam IDs and I'll reset their points.

What I find so strange is I have yet to see this problem. Is it only on the EU server or?

Removing the ranking function of HLX is pretty difficult. We could disable in game broadcasting (e.g. got x points for y, got x points for killing y, etc), and we could turn off the all the in game commands, which would make it more difficult to see where you were "ranked", and might discourage point whoring.

Addressing some other issues in the thread: We can also modify the number of points that you lose when you die (1/2, 1/3, 1/4, or zero).

I have posted some polls here for you guys to vote. There is also a thread to post stat issues here. If we could get a mod to lock this, we can take the discussion back to our forums.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  13. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

This would be really great. I disabled ranking with /hlx_hideranking but this messages still remembers me every time, that there are points for ranking.

14. OuNin

OuNin Member

People farm underwater or by turrets for squad points. c:

15. recon

recon SM Support Dev

There is now a separate poll for disabling in game broadcasting.

Everyone,

If you think stats are causing game play issues, go vote in the polls to have changes made.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  16. [D3]Leroy Jenkins

[D3]Leroy Jenkins Member

Frankly im not surprised i rarely see you on during the day (US eastern Time) im generally on from 9am-12am with breaks in between.

17. Kai

Kai Member

I try to ignore it and find a way to disable it. No luck yet.

18. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I don't play till late PST.

19. [D3]Leroy Jenkins

[D3]Leroy Jenkins Member

That explains it. It only happens on money which is a bad map anyway so even if admins are on they don't do anything about it.

20. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

You could remove ALL negative encouragements from the stats.
    There's really no point to keeping track of deaths, there's seriously no point to penalizing people for getting killed.
    There is zero value added to the game from having a rank and points that carry over from map to map, but do absolutely nothing.

Remove anything from those stats that penalizes people for playing bad a couple of maps in a row, then people won't mind joining losing teams or playing the game like they used to.

Keep stats, lose points, lose ranks, lose deaths and the stats that keep track of deaths.
    Kills can stay, as can all stats related to kills, except k/d ratio of course.