Func_tank

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by supaste, Mar 22, 2007.

1. supaste

supaste Member

ok i was searching around on the snark pit when i came across a nice looking tut for func_tanks in hl2.
    http://www.snarkpit.net/editing.php?page=tutorials&game=HL2&id=219

I thought i would be cool to have a go at making one for empires. I followed the tut and prity much finished it.

It was at this point in the tut i realised that "Oh shit it might not work in empires because i have to edit the hl FGD and change the func_tank FGD to this"...
    But unditured I decided to instead add this to the empires FGD rather than change the HL2 one.

Now i dont know much about FGDs so I dont have a clue weather that will have done anything. I then compiled the map to see if it had worked. And.. nope. I then tryed coping and pasting from the example map into a empires map. This did nothing also.

So my question to you all today is...

Is it possible to use a func_tank in empires without involving Krenzo?

2. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Change the HL2 FGD?

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I'll take a look at it this weekend. My guess would be yes, I can't see why they should have been removed or broken.

4. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

I think they may not work in multiplayer. Try loading the map in HL2 singleplayer and see if it works. If so, then you can safely assume that yeah, Krenzo would need to fix some stuff first.

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Func_tank doesn't works in multiplayer, it's been proven before.

6. supaste

supaste Member

aww... there is so much that you could make with them in empires as well. I think they would be so good to have in emp_crossroads at the center.

7. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

I remember playing an OC map with working func_tanks in multiplayer... or they did a damn good job of emulating them.