Fucked up damage

Discussion in 'General' started by Aurora, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Is it the game or the Freaks Unleashed server when it takes two fucking clips from a rifle to kill a man? I was playing on District and I had a rifle and the accuracy update. On several occasions I had a clear sight to an enemy and shot more than a clip of bullets at him. I saw blood spray all the time hence I'm sure 99% of my bullets hit him. Yet he just turns around, crouches and takes half a minute staying still to aim his scout rifle at me, while I'm firing the rifle at him like a fucking chaingun. And then he kills me with a single shot.

If it's because of "skills" or decreasing penetration ability over distance, then their effects, in my opinion, are about 300% too strong and they make the gameplay ridiculous and arcadey. Jesus, if I have a clear sight to an enemy and his reactions are slow enough for him to not to defend himself after I've attacked him for 3 seconds, LET ME KILL HIM!

2. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

I'v killed a man whith not even a full clip fron an smg 1 before, but that was close range, and on stormed

3. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Sounds like the server to me. Either that or the dreaded HAX.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I used to see that all the time on district, it would drive me crazy. arg!

apparently (though I'm not sure on this), sometimes it looks like you're hitting him, but the server reads it as you hitting the box infront of you or something.

5. Deiform

Deiform Member

I ninja'ed a BE barracks yesterday, and while one dude was sorting his equipment out, I opened fire with my engie smg2 and 2 more people spawned (hast it when that happens), but they spawned in a line, so I got 3 kills without moving my mouse. ^^

Ahh...good times...

6. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Sounds like server or lag or something.

Unless it was changed, blood is client side so even though your client says you hit them, that might not be what the server sees.

7. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I've had this before too. It's enough to make you scream h4x. I do believe it is net-lag though.

8. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

At least I didn't see any signs of lag. Is it possible that bullets disappear somewhere in cyberspace because of packet losses or something?

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

hell yes.

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

That is so annoying. You fire a rocket point blank in someone's face (in my example, the person was standing still), and it doesn't hit him, nor injure him (asked him what his hp was, he said "full"). That's like, ghey.

And nerf the scout rifle. D:

11. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Agreed on both. :D

Occasionally I encounter this shite too. Pouring two clips of NF AR in some scouts back and then seeing him turn around and make a hole in your tummy isn't fun... :( One of the bullets did hit him(when I asked he had half health), but I don't really know where the rest dissappeared. Next time I'm going to check the wall behind the guy I shot at and see if it's a hitbox issue or something. Happens quite rarely though.