Frontline Wars

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Trid3nt, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

I was reading the thread about research and i thought, Why do we need the heavier tanks and arty? I mean really, wouldn't the game be more interesting if these wern't an option? I mean the way to win a game of empires really atm is just to research arty first, then bang..bang..boom etc later, youve won. When I played canyon yesterday, I found that the best part was breaking through the opposition line, then establishing a new one ready for the counter attack. And if/when (feel free to correct me on that) we get infantry cover defences, this would only increase.

2. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Member

i have to agree with you on this but the arties do come in handy for turrent spammers and buildings...

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

artys are also a really fun part of the game... and they definately add depth. personally I have no problem with Heavy tanks either: they're slower targets, and so generally more fearsome. I think the speed of the Light Tanks should be decreased, because currently they're atleast as powerful as the heavy tanks, and much cheaper. all you currently need on a LT is normal engine, and the upgrade engines make it barely controllable.

4. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

The problem I find with arty is that provided you know how to operate it, you can annahilate anything you want. And walking out of your barracks just to die instantly is not fun.

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yes, tweaking is neccessary. I think arty should be more of a support weapon, less of a kill weapon. know what i mean? easy to fire, bad accuracy and low damage.

6. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Also damaging to own troops. (I know this would add up to griefers but it good that you can't survive an attack from your own team)

7. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

The heavy is fine, since a pro with a light can kill or damage a heavy. The price is also a factor since it costs a lot.
    Arts just need less splash damage and it would be fine.
    All tanks are balanced.
    They are fine.

Some weapons on the other hand arn't.

8. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Once we get aircraft artt will die!! Mmmmmwwwahahahahaha

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

does anyone else feel the Light Tank is a bit too fast? honestly... it's really really tough to kill with a rocket launcher, and in the hands of a pro, it's their most powerful thing short of an arty. :(

just a little bit slower... atleast for when you just have the normal engine.

10. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

the AFV is too slow IMO.

See my sig (destroyer's quote)

11. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

The light tank isn't that strong.
    Anything bigger than that can destroy it if you get the right weapons.

12. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Lights are an advantage that is only evened out when BE gets meds... But I as I see it, it is alright since in the later versions both teams will have unique ressearch options and such, BE starting out relativley weak then growing in power towards the end... while NF should start out relativley strong, but they dont grow in power as much as the BE...

13. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Early NF rush?

14. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

LTs come into their own when you realize that they aren't tanks as much as they are RACE CARS WITH GUNS!

If the enemy can hit you, you're either on 56k (like me), or you suck.

Or they're REALLY, REALLY good.

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

seriously, the speed of the lt makes them very difficult targets. far more deadly than a Heavy tank imo.

16. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Arty can total an LT, i can get an LT in a med tank 6/10 times, but hvy tank's only weapons are:
    6 small cannons :P V.Funny
    Nukes
    Homing missiles

Other than that... oh wait you could use an explosive Mg.

to be honest, the only real threat to a base is a group of Lts, one can only take out a few buildings, and has to use ALL its ammo basicly to take out the CV

17. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Reminds me of RPG owning two heavies in his lt :p

18. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

I love doing the 6 cannons.
    Yea about the light NF it is near imposable to kill with a mid unless you use the environment to your advantage.

19. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I guess no one researches Homing missiles do they? Wouldn't those have a destructive effect?

20. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Usualy if the heavy tank commander is smart he can win just by out gunning the enemy light (By that point there are HE round, probably DU, maybe Plasma, then you got nukes, missle spammers, bio warheads) All of that firepower can only go down if you are not diligent with it;

Though the light is a VERY good tank, its speed more then compensates for its armor all the way into the late game (If you ressearch more for it that is)