Forum Section for different languages?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Jane0815, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Jane0815

Jane0815 Member

Is it possible to get Forum sections for different languages? Only one section for a language? My suggestions: German, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

whatabout you just learn english? compaired to german its piss easy ... dont be a lazy fuck ;)

3. Jane0815

Jane0815 Member

Why do so many people have problems with a multilingual or international mod? Racism?

4. flasche

excuse me? its not me who tries to split a already small community by setting up new language barriers. how about you adapt ... or why dont you want to? racism?

aber mal ehrlich, tickts noch richtig? du wirfst mir rassismus vor und willst dich durch sprache - also nationalidentitäten - abgrenzen. denk mal 2sekunden nach bevorst deine goschn aufreißt.
    mal abgesehn davon, dass du hier eine gigantische chance vertust. du kannst english mit native-speakern auf einem niveau lernen, dass dir in der schule verwehrt blieb.
    andere leute geben hunderte euros für sprachferien aus - das hier sind sprachferien³².

english only please, 1 infraction 1 week
    ~blizzy

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
  5. Jane0815

Jane0815 Member

Find the mistake! (Suche den Fehler!)

6. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

obvious troll is....

7. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Oh boy...

[​IMG]

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

What Flasche said. If we had a community of 2000 people, sure. But we have one closer to 20 (active posters), so no.

9. Jane0815

Jane0815 Member

Well, you should think about WHY only 20 active posters are in the forum :rolleyes:

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

racism has nothing to do with languages

you are looking for "language discrimination"

and even then, the answer is no, we dont discriminate against people with a certain mother tongue, we discriminate against people talking in a language we have no efficient way of moderating

how do the moderators know when you are talking German, French, Spanish, Russian and Chinese that you are not talking about child rape or anything like that?

its not because i speak 3 out of 5 of those and probably could manage myself in spanish on top of it all that everyone on here is as multilingual as me

and i doubt you will find many members speaking Chinese on this forum, or russian (i know like one clan originates from russia, but thats it) let alone spanish or french

11. Jane0815

Jane0815 Member

It is impressive, how the community can find problems... if you had the same dedication to find solutions (instead of problems), the mod would be finished three years ago.

You talk about an "efficient way of moderating". Ask nativespeaker in this forum! We (nativespeaker) can spend our time to manage this... and if there is no Chinese, then no Chinese-section exists.

12. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

And how are the developers and moderators going to deal with these sections then? Don't tell me, we should hire multilingual team members, like you...

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

if you can find 20 active posters of a certain foreign language that want this, and 1 of them that we trust enough to moderate it we can talk about it concerning that specific language

14. Jane0815

Jane0815 Member

The only moderation I can do is German... and I think, there are enough players out there, which speak German and have the "soft-skills" to do this very well. That I will never be elected to do this, is ok. Often the "asshole" has "inconvenient ideas"... and I like to play this role in future.

I think, only 3 Spanish people can open the door for the Spanish-World! If you only want english-speaking players, you have to ban any multilingual sections... if that is your goal. (?)

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

are you going on the assumption that when we make a Spanish section "magically" Spanish players of empiresmod will morph into existence?

if so, fuck off

if not, explain again

16. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

We don't need more language barriers around.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It's not racism, the British were the smart ones to plant colonies all around the world, and one of them, USA, happens to be one of the most influential countries in the world, so English is the main language of the world, therefore being the main language spoken on the internet. On top of that, the very first Empires dev team was 100% American, so naturally the website and the game are in the English language.

Blizzerd wins thread for the infraction.

18. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

just want to say:
    if i remember right, one vote more and official language of USA would have been german (maybe even world language too)

but well it didnt go that way

19. flasche

we all should start "speaking" chinese, will pay off in a few centuries - if that long ...

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It's not like it would help you much in a few centuries though :/