Fooshi

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trickster, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

2. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

You evil evil person. :cry:

3. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

It's easy to bring hardware into a hotel room, but how about getting a real desk?

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

First of all ean golden phenomena , youtube that.
    Second why the fuck coke zero
    ???

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Where did you get glass bottled coke? are you in cuba?

6. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Trickster, drink more Mecca-Cola!

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

do you like not leave your house or something?

8. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Sometimes its hard to stay humble and not call him an idiot. (Grant)

Trickster cant play minecraft for the same reason I doubt he can make more then sounds.

DnB and Dubstep. Hahahahaha
    Most of it is trash.

9. Marshall Mash

Marshall Mash 3D Artist

Soda always tastes better in a glass bottle. I also have no idea what that thing in Tricksters pic is.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

get technics 1210 and buy vinyl ...

11. Trickster

It's just normal, glass bottled coca cola, which they sell in abundance over here. It's 1.5 AED per bottle, same as a can, which works out at like 25p, or 40 cents (US). I won't drink shitty diet/zero/caffeine free coca cola. Ever.

Also, fuck having to carry around vinyl, especially when it's expensive as fuck.

Also Moojuice, I didn't buy them to make music. As you said, I can't play minecraft because I have absolutely 0 creativity, same goes for making music. But mixing it is another matter.

Photo was just intended to upset Fooshi as much as possible. Sadly, I couldn't get the newspaper folded properly to have Anders Breivik peeking out from behind the laptop.

12. Fooshi

[​IMG]
    You will see every DJ now with these.

13. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Vinyl is waaay worth it dude. You don't know how fucking awesome it is to drop 50$ every month or two on discogs and get a shipment of a fuckload of awesome records delivered to you. I've got two technics 1200s mkII, I just mess around with scratchin and mixing a bit, but I know a couple guys who dj with vinyl. And those CDJs look all fancy and shiny and shit but even the shittiest 1200 is a gorgeous piece of equipment through and through; motherfuckers hold value better than gold too.

14. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

wait...WHAT?!
    ... and we are letting him modify the scripts?

15. Trickster

Scripts are just logic based. It's about balance, rather than implementing new stuff. Notice that most of the ideas I got for the upcoming RC, either came from using the small pool of values I had available, or ideas that came from the forum, such as Reznov's composite combination armour, and Empty's Beserker engine idea. I don't claim to be creative, I'm just good at logic.

Also, I don't doubt for a second that Vinyl looks better, feels better, and all that, but when you're not using it publicly, it doesn't really matter. I mean there's probably more Vinyl records in my house than every member on this forum has put together (albeit none of it really usable for this kind of thin), so I know how great they are for the actual object itself, but the cost is just too inhibitive for what it is. If it's still early doors, you're learning, you're not sure how easy/difficult you're going to find it, or how much time you're going to put in, and all that stuff, it's really better to go with the more economical option. I only got the Traktor Kontrol S2 because I saw it in the Virgin Megastore in the Dubai mall for what worked out at just over £100 cheaper than they are in the UK. Otherwise, I'd have bought some really cheap decks to start out with. But I'm a sucker for a bargain.

16. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

They have Virgin megastores in Dubai?

17. Fooshi

Vinyl sounds good for scratching only. I have no idea though, since I've never used vinyl. For mixing, CDs or fully digital would be better. CDs are more reliable and you don't need to worry about your PC crashing. Depends what kind of DJ you want to be, turntablist kind of side of things with scratching, manipulating of sound, heavy usage of loops and cue points, something like this, that or live just live mixing, track by track.

18. Trickster

Yeah quite a few, I've never actually seen one in the UK. The one in the Dubai mall (biggest mall over here) was fucking huge. Had literally everything in. Tonnes of media stuff, Laptops, Tablets, Musical equipment from Decks to guitars. But having said that, everything in Dubai Mall was big. When they have taxis inside the mall, and the maps are like an atlas, then you know it's pretty big.

19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

if you listen to dubstep maybe ...

20. Fooshi

House and trance dominates in nightclubs everywhere as far as I know, and most of these DJs use Pioneer CDJ equipment. Prove me wrong.