Floating Repair/Targeters: I.E. C&C Generals

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by MrBojangl3s, Jun 1, 2006.

1. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Hello, I tried searching and didn't find this, so here's my idea:

Like in Command and Conquer: Generals (or Zero Hour), there was an upgrade to each vehicle that you could access by clicking on the vehicle and then on the upgrade. They had a repair/turret drone that would follow the vehicle and shoot other enemies (in empires it could be infantry only?) and repair the vehicle when there was no one around. Also, they had a recon drone that would follow vehicles in the same fassion the repair drone did, except this drone would expand on the vehicle's visibility and allow the targeting of vehicles at a larger range.

These drones were awesome and almost neccesary upgrades for vehicles, and I think it would be good to have this kind of customization in the game too. Imagine looking for a troubling sniper with hide, and having your recon drone bring him up on the HUD, so you and your apc can have a little fun :)
    BTW, I didn't get the idea from BF: 2142 before anyone asks :rolleyes:

2. Revolver

Revolver Member

I personally think that would make tanks FAR too difficult to kill. Can you imagine a grenadier firing off rockets and in between his reload animations the damaged armor is being rebuilt?

BTW, we already have something akin to that, that is balanced for the game.

Regenerative Armor.