fix the resources income"ometer"

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Xyaminou, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

It's just terrible, make it indicate the res income from the number of refineries, not just measure the difference between 2 times.

2. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

So, you'd prefer if it added the refinery income together and displayed it as e.g. res per minute, rather than fluctuating semi-randomly because of taking polls at various times?
    Sounds good, we'd better do that.

3. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Yes I would, I most definitely would. Right now it tells me absolutely nothing.

If you build stuff, if people recycle tanks, if you recycle stuff, if people build tanks it goes useless.

I don't care about knowing how much resources have changed in the past .5s.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  4. Neoony

Neoony Member

That sounds quite good.
    Maybe also number of refineries next to it?
    That might give you better idea on how much res do they actually give and how much less will you get when you lose one or gain one for example, you could always easily know how many you have and compare it to the income. (even if some of them have different rates)
    Would make res much easier to understand, especially for newbies.

Just also make it not affected by anything else than income?
    Just like: expected income in 1 minute if everything stays how it is now.

But I guess you could also keep it how it is now, but just make it more stable or just not affected by expenses or so..

5. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Well if you're gonna include refineries, maybe make it so you can click the "res'o'meter" which would show a list of the different refineries, their HP, res multipliers and click them to move to it.

Just an idea for catface's UI.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

bump, so you dont forget this minor but informative change :)
    i would prefer res per second though.

7. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I think a better res ticker thing, alongside a "number of refineries" thing, would make the game far better because it would actually focus people on building them and, far more importantly, destroying them.

So many times we've all seen tank after tank after tank drive past enemy refineries without lifting a finger, or even completely undefended refineries just sit off in some corner of the map with the opposing team not putting in the 20 seconds it would take to bring it down.

Just by making players visualt see how relevant every refinery is, it would have a massive positive impact for the game.

Neoony likes this.
  8. flasche

something like <resourcesPerSecond>/<nuberOfRefineries>, so idk, 7/3 if you get 7 res/s from 3 refs.
    i like that.

9. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

That seems good, maybe even have a little indicator of a refinery beside it so everyone knows exactly what is going on, just like the little clock next to the game timer.

10. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Actually, Smithy found a rather good way to make it clear what the number means.
    It's normally a gray number indicating your regular res income, from res points and flags, taking into account their actual multiplier (as opposed to the one painted on the minimap, not necessarily the same at the moment). It pulses to green at the rate at which the res comes in. When there is an expenditure of any kind - construction work, vehicle built or loadout pimpin - that spot instead shows the actual cost in red for a second, then goes back.

However, it doesn't play nicely with the res tickrate variable yet. I'll post an update here when there's a beta build to examine.

11. flasche

what does it have to do with tick rates? as long as no refs are built and no player joins and increases the multiplyer the income per second from refs should not change.

and i like smithys idea as addition. i cant really put my finger on why, but i also like the built-refs-thing neoony suggested first.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016