Fix the game before Revamping it

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Metal Smith, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Why revamp the gren class at all? Of all the classes, it is one of the few that hasn't been tweaked hardly at all in 5 years.

Gren and Engy are 2 classes that have everything they need to be effective, and not much extra.

before you fuck with gren or engineer, how about make deployable riflemen weapons or give the scout some sort of useful ability?

Fix the game before revamping it.

2. Empty

Empty Member

Except that the gren is a sack of crap.

3. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

I'm proposing revamps for all classes, and while fixing existing issues the community can discuss. By the time I'm ready to actually make class changes, we'll have an idea what needs done.

I'll chalk this up to you not being used to me or how I tend to operate. I'll also admit I should have probably written up all the revamps and posted them at the same time, however my ass is still sore from all the rage that ensued when I tried to keep Darkest Dawn details under wraps to prepare something presentable.

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I'm just reading over the stuff that's happened in the past three days and trying to figure out wtf is going on.

and yes, if you had posted your proposed scout fix first, that wouldn't have been received as badly.

5. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

All good. What's going on is I'm a very organizational person and I believe that the job of a dev team is 90% fulfill the communities wants, and 10% protect them from fucking everything up. To meet all these goals, there's going to be a lot more discussion about features and fixes, and it will come a good amount of time before any actual coding is done.