Firefly

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jessiah, Mar 10, 2009.

?

Firefly?

1. Fuck yea

54.8%
  2. Firewhat?

32.3%
  3. Meh

12.9%
  1. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Yes, it's old. But you know what? Screw you, it's freaking awesome! It's a 'space western' set ~2517. The name comes from the class of ship owned by the main character Malcom Reynolds, a Firefly-class transport. The series is based around Captain Reynolds and his crew that mostly does smuggling jobs. They do other things, too, it all depends on the pay.

Thats all there really is to say without spoiling any of the developing story.
    Further reading

2. Hypnos

Hypnos Member

Firefly is amazing and is probably one of the best shows to air on Fox. It's an absolute shame that they canceled it because when I watched all the episodes for the first time last month, I craved more Firefly. The story itself is very interesting and I enjoy the random Chinese used in the series. Seriously, why did they cancel it, Firefly had whores...err companions in the series...what more could people ask for :D

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Seen both movie and series, both are awesome.

4. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

It was cancelled because FOX killed it. They aired everything out of order. The pilot was aired about half way through the series. Hardly any viewers could easily follow it. At least they got the movie out, because I was so pissed when they story wasn't closed D:

5. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

It's never been on German television, but then German TV sucks (everything is dubbed, you wouldn't believe how shitty Battlestar Galactica sounds in German), so it's probably better off. I watched the movie, loved it, DLed the series, loved it, got both the series and the movie on DVD within months.

6. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I have over 100 'creatively' acquired movies. I have 5 bought. This is one of the rare few that will be joining my physical collection :D

7. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Pope you suck :p Go fix the fail.

8. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I was too busy playing Soul Calibur II when that show aired.
    Pfft no wonder I missed it, I always skip over that channel.

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Fox canceled family guy and the internet went crazy and now its back. Maybe you just need to go crazy.

And I think I remember Dee making a thread about this show.

10. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

OMG FIREFLY! RIVER IS FAR COOLER THEN GANDALF AND NEO TOGETHER!!!! <c-c-capsbreaker!>

11. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

She kinda is IMHO.

That wasn't the problem for this show, as Joss Whedon's fans are by default the craziest ones.

My favorite part was the campaign to save "Dollhouse", another JW series. The campaign began before Dollhouse started airing. I will say that again because it takes a while to sink in:
    Joss Whedon fans have suggested to start a campaign against the cancellation of a show which had not aired yet.

12. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

At least they havn't started campaigning against the cancellation of a show that hasn't started in production........yet....

13. Brutos

Dollhouse is a bit disappointing until now. The chick is hawt but I don't see how she is going to get developed thought the series. And a series where the main character is replaceable is kind of meh?.

14. Hypnos

Hypnos Member

I think Dollhouse has lots of potential. The way I see it, Echo is probably going to regain her memory slowly throughout the series until one episode where she remembers everything and joins Alpha's side or essentially turn against the Dollhouse. Apparently, there is going to be an episode that reveals Echo's life before she "joined" the Dollhouse so that could make the show quite interesting. For example, if it turns out Echo was kidnapped, she essentially was raped in every sense of the word. Either way, if Dollhouse turns out to be good, I will continue to watch it. (The main reason I watch it is because it follows Terminator :p )

15. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

16. Brutos

I'm going to continue watch it too, it was a little disappointment until now tho. The latest episode did a lot good and I see hope.

17. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Back on topic!

18. Brutos

Thats the topic.

19. Chahk

Chahk Member

Firefly is one of my favorite shows ever.

Up there with Trailer Park Boys, BSG (new one) and Life on Mars (UK one).

20. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Flatmush must die!