FIRE AND fIrE fRoM eXpLoSiOnS

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by SGT. MIKE, Jun 5, 2006.

1. SGT. MIKE

SGT. MIKE <blink>BANNED</blink>

I was looking at some pictures that people made of empires and i wish you could improve the explosion from tanks so like when you shoot a huge fireball explodes and it looks more realistic then what happens now... when u fire artillery u just see dust and a little smoke and i wish you could light things on fire lol:confused: :) :)

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Well, in real life, a tank also just explodes like that. You don't really get gigantic explosions that light up the entire battlefield.

3. Atlas

Atlas Member

Aye, the explosions as they are now are 'realistic' they are just not done to the scale of the round, the game just shows the same explosion effects for all explosive rounds right now, a grenade does the same thing as a rocket in the game right now...

Huge fireballs are really a Hollywood special effect made mostly from fuel bombs, few things make such big fireballs as that, and even fewer, other than specialized explosive of some kind, actually light things up on fire. As you also must have noticed all cannon rounds and rockets are the same visually, they have the same model and show the same smoke trail.

This will probably be implemented, just not that big a priority right now. First gotta get the gameplay and main features down, after that, all the aesthetics should come.

4. SGT. MIKE

no dude i mean like shooting the tank not when u blow up the tank also i just think it would be cool you know?
    also you feel powerful and sexy when u shoot and you see a 10 BY 20 explosion

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

lol, i wont feel sexy

and btw those big hollywood fireblast explosions, they are smoke blasts, it is not really fire, its red smoke shot from a smokecannon and lightened with special lapms to make it liik like an explosion

6. Chahk

Chahk Member

That explosion is the only one available in my Gmod :) I'd use more "realistic" ones if I could find some.

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

destroyed vehicles should have a sort of "wrecked" look about them, all twisted metal and bent / detatched wheels. there should be 4 -5 varieties of carcass if possible.

think Halo 2.

it's aethetics, I know, but it would really add to the mod.

8. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Wargames should be modeled on Warfare, nor other wargames

9. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

ahhhh, i over thought that last post and almost went into a coma.

10. turen

turen Member

Now Now Now... i think Sgt Mike has a point here... you know how disapointing it is launching a nuke and having the same explossion as a grenade?
    i dont know whether its possible, but changing some of the explossions around would reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally set the mod appart from others, lets not forget that allot of this mod is infact blowing stuff up :)

11. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Improved effects are on the way, but they're a low priority. I, for one, would like seeing something of a shockwave effect for the nuke spanning its radius. It would actually let you know you're about to be boned.

12. SGT. MIKE

if u got shell shock from the nuke at least and somethig of the affect of a concussion grenade

13. turen

turen Member

That would b pretty damn sweet.... But like i always say... NO RUSH BOYS!
    keep up t3h good work :D