Find the errors in these pictures

Discussion in 'General' started by Extrems, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Extrems

Extrems Webmaster Extraordinaire

2. Chahk

Chahk Member

CVs for everyone?

3. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Looks to me like someone had a little lag.

4. Petko

Petko Member

i thought it was about HSM not using the mic to yell, but he was writing in the chat instead

5. petemyster

petemyster Member

the vehilces sinking into the ground happens on garrys mod, so at first i thought those photos were faked.

6. Thor

Thor Member

1st picture: Headshotmaster has joined the game. lol.

7. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

In the JPL server last night, we had nukes bouncing off walls and exploding at random moments. The server needs to change maps or reboot to fix it.

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the "unconnected" death icon is a dead give away that you've had some serious lag from the server... getting to the rare stage where you get what's known as "choke" where you miss bits of information, and as such everything has been scrambled.

reconnecting usually helps.

9. Extrems

Extrems Webmaster Extraordinaire

What happened is that the server stopped sending me data 2 times for few seconds during that game. Take note that I had no CPU/GPU/memory/etc lag and Internet was working fine. When it was starting sending stuff back, the entities table was getting corrupted.

The first snapshot show the effects of the first cut. BE walls were changed into NF walls with a zero rotation, the VF was moved drasticly, the BE CV got changed into a low rider NF CV and players' infos was lost.

The second snapshot show the effects of the second cut (obviously). This time, tickets got lost, all vehicles got changed into NF CVs with a varying sink level, most wall pieces poofed and the minimap was now nearly empty.

I can't see how this could be faked.

It seem that you're thinking this is a 'zomg helpmeh!' thread when this just a 'Ha, look at how bad the game screwed up.' thread.