Few ideas I have kicking about

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Maoo, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Maoo

Maoo Member

Hi guys, got a few ideas I had kicking about and don't know if they ben mentioned before but here goes;

1. Build delay for vehicles at vehicle factory, kinda like in total annihilation (and more recently supreme commander), make the tank, jeep etc thats being built have maybe a visual build mesh like in TA (slowly comes together outta lines etc..) or have some form of progress bar inside the control room to let the player know when his tank is ready, also restrict further tanks from being built untill the first tank is built, and the rest of the players who want to build join a que in order of who presses the terminal first etc (maybe have a progress bar in the build menu to let those in the que know how long they got left), also have a new terminal that can be used by engineers to help speed up the build process of the VF?

2. Engineers can resupply tanks,arty etc, allow the engi tool to resupply tanks with ammo or have a new engi drop for tank ammo which the tank driver has to ride over to pickup? Maybe have a new comm power where he can designate an area for a supply drop and any tanks withing this area get resupplied for x amount of seconds, make the drop area marked off by smoke nades on all 4 corners or something similar?

3. Redesign the BE repair pad, its kinda narrow and makes players take longer to resupply and fix their tank, unlike the NF repair pad which has space for manouvering in abundance.

4. Tanks can actually move like real tanks, at present the tanks kinda p me off when they can't climb a small incline without some sort of run up, I mean its a tank thier made for this kinda off road terrain, why would they get stuck on a 20% gradient climb cos they ran outta momentum lol?

5. have two kinda comm's, make two types of comm, one being the current mobile comm, and another being an immobile building of some sort, this would let mappers have a choice in what kinda map they make etc.
    Maybe even make it necessary for an engi to deploy the existing comm into place before anyone can comm, then it has to be packed up and redeployed in the new location if you wish to move the comm?

6. Give the scout radar/cameras instead of the engi? Make the scout carry these in his backpack, make them smaller and reduce thier effective detection range, but allow the scout to drop multiple (2-5) radars or cameras or a mix of the two. At present it doesn't strike me as a tool an engineer should have, afterall its surveilance equipment.

K thats it for now guys I will w8 till theres feedback on these ideas before I comment again, cheers guys.

2. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Equipping them already takes a while, I'd rather not wait any longer, besides that's the last thing you need when they bum rush your base.
    They do that already, just drop an ammo crate next the vehicle.
    Never had problems with this unless I'm facing an area that kills my FPS.
    Pretty sure it's been fixed in the next version.
    A ninja's dream come true, & the two comm thing has been mention before, not sure what people thought on that one.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :p

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

How's that 1.07 working out for you?

4. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Welcome to the forums

You have lots to read.

5. davee magee

davee magee Member

lol

i saw that and thought of 1.07...

6. Maoo

Maoo Member

lol maybe im outta date since i dont liek trolling forums, but i was sure 1.073b is it? was the lateset out so far...

7. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Yeah, you're right. My bad ;)

8. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Not.

Saying.

Anything.

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

it ends in an 8

10. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Who let KILLX out again...

*Slaps killx and duct tapes his mouth shut*

11. davee magee

davee magee Member

actually stuuuuuuuuupid killx
    it ends in a '3'

12. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

It ends in a 'STFU'

I would say, stay around, have a good look, but don't spam anything etc.

It will all become clear to you.

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

it has a .

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

Just like yer mum.

:o

BUURRRRRRRRRRRRRNN!

15. Maoo

Maoo Member

Cheers for the sarcasm everyone :P, well I am stupid in the fact I wasn't logged into the forum untill I decided to post in the suggestions section, after the initial hint at 1.08 release I sure enough found the sub forum right infront my silly eyes lol, I have played it and it is very good (although my pc can't handle it, the new build effect crashes my pc random since I have bad spots in my ram and when the game trys to use them the pc goes blammo rofl), now that we have established my stupidity can we move on and maybe lock/delete this silly thread, cheers guys and super work on the 1.08 release so far, keep up the ace work guys (if you ever get a deal like gary's mod did I would buy this mod in a flash :D, although with tf2 out soon it would kinda be a flop no offence).

16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

a delay like 3 second when you buy something, so you see it forming from wireframe would be fine. if you have to wait 10 seconds that would be extreamly irritating because it already takes time to choose the loadout and run to the vehicle factory from where you spawn.

engineers can resupply by placing a ammo box

the repair pads are kinda annoying but i'm sure its low down the priority list of the mod team.

a movable comm is much more interesting and fun, allowing the comm to escape to their frontline base if they loose their old base.

just my thoughts