FEEDBACK - Test #18 - PLAYTEST - Wednesday 11th July

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Beerdude26, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Post crashdumps (these are located in SteamApps\<username>\empires) here, you can attach them to your post. Feel free to give feedback as well.

2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Changed class from Grenadier (no mines) to grenadier in a brenodi barrack on crossroads.

Attached Files:

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

can't join the game... SVN empires mvally map is incorrect version it says. You didn't set up a download server so it won't download a new map. :(

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

That's the map in Steam test version right now, everyone else has it. This kind of proves my point that you have problems updating.

My personal notes (disorganised and unpunctuated and shit)

issues joining spec at the start of the round
    preset bug is back, serverside only
    can use walls to move enemy inf
    horrendous lag at each gui menu (for me)
    clock icon shows over reselected skills during vote time
    unable to select previous skills from prior round
    particles - tracers aren't working
    names of dead players are visible to classes other than rev engineers
    smaller class menus
    spawning in people and being stuck
    scroll button in vehicle menu is difficult to see
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1155422234299542907/6F440893C6695D20711220BAE3202E1A002239D5/
    0 charge calc bug is back, can happen at rax spawn also

Not all of these necessarily need fixing, but I just noted shit down as we went through.

5. ViroMan

how can this be a problem with updating if SVN says its the correct object?

6. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

No, I had it too. I had to restart steam (AFTER HAVING DOWNLOADED IT), then it started updating with a new patch.

7. ViroMan

Crashes on attempting to join server... when map is on canyon

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Canyon changed as well. It's a different BSP.

I did tell everyone to restart steam to get the latest DLLs. This actually explains quite a few bugs that we thought were fixed.

It depends when you started SVN downloading. We made the last commit like 5 minutes before the test started. Run SVN Cleanup and then update to make sure you're on the latest revision.

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

this wasnt a problem i was having. it was preventing me from joining spec during the round, pulling up the autobalance message and keeping me on brenodi. this is bad for a couple reasons,

the reason i tried to go spec in the first place was because our racks was smoked and we were stuck in it. i tried to go spec to just get out of the grey but it wouldnt let me

at the end of the round when the com is driving around waiting for the other team to kill him, would you expect people to wait patiently in the spot where they were killed until the round is over? they wont. they'll end up just leaving because autobalance is preventing people from going to spec at the end of a round.
    fuck imsotired

10. ViroMan

ahh well I never got the notice to do one more check. Yes... svn downloaded more after I read that.

11. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Member

Well i had the 0 calc bug despite downloading the newest upload of the testversion (otherwise I would not have been able to join mvalley at all, where it occured).

So what are the client side presets there for anyways, are those the ones where custom designs are saved or the default "stock" templates are retrieved from?

I don't know whether it's relevant, but on changing the "forced" design on a reppad, it still "recustomized" the loadout back to the default, despite already having that very loadout on the apc (for instance) and dsiplayed "Customization accepted" to me.