Faction balance

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Nickierv, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Michael

Michael Member

APC second seat, in other words: the hatches?
    assault rifles?

Yeah, yeah , no big deal, but you know, these minor imbas are not the interesting way of differentating the rivalling Empires.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

nickierv you forget that you have a higher probability to deal damage with HE in comparison to UML as it has a bigger explosion radius. theoretically, wonder if when you now open the scripts we actually find out that UML has the bigger radius - i wouldnt be suprised tbh.

also +1 michael, both apcs should have hatches ...

... and jeeps equal seats.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I still think nukes should be replaced with something very strong, very hot, with a large splash (but less than current gay nukes), that moves quickly, has a ton of drop (for a missile) and fires about once every 3ish sec.

Cha-ching! NF has a high explosive knockoff! Nukes are finally useful! Every puppy has a home!

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Nickierv, are you sure bout the he cannon versus abso, cause idk, it really feels stronger,ive taken out 6 platesof armor faster than it should godown theoriticly, way faster tbh.

Trickster, I think a lot of noobs join be cause of nicer models in general. Maybe I'm wrong about the be for vets and nf for nubs but I doubt its wrong, like Behr is just so much better than nfar everything wise, its just less point and click adventure but it has more clip more accuracy more damage etc

5. Marshall Mash

Marshall Mash 3D Artist

What if UML's worked the exact same way as HE? Apart from being missiles that is.
    That way guided and homing might be useful again.

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

FN had an idea about making guided into a high damage, high heat, low fire rate missile (and other stuff, don't quote me). It's probably a better fit for guided, anyway. If you have to sit there and guide a missile, it better make a difference. Conversely, homing can be the "fire and forget" type, so it's fine to spew those out wholesale.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  7. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

I might have overlooked the splash, but I also overlooked the rest of the shell physics.

HE 400 splash, 3000 speed, 0.4125 gravity, 2.5 inertia, 1 spread.
    UML 100 splash, 1800 speed, 0 gravity, 1 inertia(?), .5 spread.
    Not sure if it applies to missiles.

The gravity, inertia and spread result in that unless you are moving or point plank, you are probably not going to hit the side of the map you are aiming at. That might be a bit exaggerated, but anything resembling accracey is gone.

So you get 40% faster shells and more splash that 'might' hit near the target compared to more than double RoF accurate weapon that will hit where you are aiming. Somehow I just cant see this as anywhere near balanced.

Unless people are willing to change the nature of cannons and missiles, this is going to be just about impossible.

Yes.
    How fast did you take out the 6 plates?

I compleatley forgot about the APC hatches.
    As BE com being apc rushed it feels like I have time to stop, go to com view, get some research started, drop a base... right, there was an apc chasing me.
    As NF: shit SHIT SHIT SHIT SHITSHITSHITSHIT

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012