Explosive Ammoboxes

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Rippie, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Rippie

Rippie Member

I know that melee:able ammo boxes have been suggested in the past. I would like your opinions about taking it one step further and acctually make grenades set ammo boxes off in a medium-sized explosion.

This would not only remove the problem of ammo boxes being used to block in a semi-ridiculous fashion (such as setting one to block a ladder or a ref point), but it would also make nadespamming or sticking by the ammo box more dangerous in general. Furthermore it might give engineers an interesting tactical weapon.

Naturally one would have to make "fixed" ammo boxes on maps such as district and ammo boxes in armories immune to this effect, perhaps marking place ammo boxes in a tinted hue.

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

This was actually suggested before meleeable ammo boxes, but it wasn't that liked. If it did teammate damage, it would be abused to hell and back. And tbh, I'd be pretty damn scared to even use an ammo box in the open if it could explode on me, not exactly teamwork-enhancing :p

Just have them meleeable, but they shouldn't explode or do damage to anyone

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

they need to be treated like cameras

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

plus 1

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

If only the enemy can blow up your ammobox, it's not that abusable, and maybe it takes 2-3 nades but can't be "repaired".

6. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

I wouldn't care to repair something that only lasts one minute anyway.

7. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

"FUCKING NOOB DON'T FUCKING PLACE THAT FUCKING AMMOBOX NEXT TO MY CAMPING SPOT YO FUCKING IDIOT!"

But yes, I would like them to be treated like cameras and have one of Empties particle effects when they blast off.
    Kind of like how they explode in Far Cry 2.

8. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Why not make ammoboxes dissapear after one enemy mele attack in a puff of harmless smoke?

9. zenarion

zenarion Member

I wonder why everyone is so deathly afraid of friendly fire in Empires. I mean, sure, matches would become different, but would it be that bad? Exploding ammo box, or friendly fire from arty isn't that much of a big deal, as long as you think ahead, watch the minimap, and not drop ammo boxes in the enemy line of fire.

10. Rippie

Rippie Member

Yes, after all .. hiding behind a big box of bullet and grenades must be the perfect cover in any battle, right?

11. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

prolly because there are enough ways to get fucked by teammates already :headshot:

12. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

You really expect people who can't drop ammoboxes to suddenly begin to think of where they are shooting when they can't even pick the arty feedback skill?

13. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

actually this might balance the ammo boxes.

1) NF ammo box has bigger hitbox, so it provides more cover
    2) since NF ammo box has bigger hitbox, its more susceptible to damage which results in BOOM.
    3) prevent nade spam on maps like district because risk of blowing up from enemy nades.

14. zenarion

zenarion Member

I propose a that Empires stops being a game of spam, and becomes more a game of strategy and communication. Exploding ammoboxes, guns and arty that damage teammates, all that would make for a game with less spam and HLDJ.

15. Rippie

Rippie Member

Yes, that sounded spontanious, not very well thought and impulsive. Seconded! :P