Experienced Player Night at the Training Server

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff12/Simon493/trainingserverlol/

A few screenshots I had lying around. Mvalley drugs crashed server in the middle of a good game. On district Vodoo and Cpatton I'm not sure who it was they were the two admins on were drugging everyone then undrugging themselves.

edit: oh if there is a password its bsid1

2. Empty

Empty Member

I was the first back on when that happened. Massiveass drug wipeout. Cpatton claimed full responsibility.

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

Recon himself kicked me from the CV, I guess I suck at comming for trying to get people to build a ref instead of a fucking bridge.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah I remember he said "Im gonna ban everyone on NF if you don't get back to the cv right now!" It's just a game.. It's ok to lose sometimes..

This server needs to be more about the pubbers having fun and learning not the admins having there "quick games" or fun with admin abuse.. Also the server name should mention the upped res and faster research.. It's kind of a big deal.

I was hoping the new owner would make the server more enjoyable for everyone instead of just himself..

5. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i'd love a night where newbies could come along IF they were willing to be the experience players bitches.

as in, they'd be playing knowing that they have to follow orders n shit instead of spam jeeps and wander about on their own.

7. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I turned off drugs, fire and freeze bombs because it just caused problems.

I never kicked you. The server log files prove it.

I agree with that.

I had died after building a ref in on duststorm (I used the CV to drive to the ref), and I had a feeling that the enemy would make it to the CV first, and that the game would be over. And if I had to say what you say I said, I'm guessing that people were doing nothing to save the CV and were continuing to do w/e they wanted. I totally agree with you that it's just a game, and that yes, you lose sometimes. But it really bothers me when my team loses because they didn't listen to the commander. This is the training server. Training implies that people are interested to learn the MOD, and therefore, I think that asking players to listen to their commander is pretty basic.

I like the rushing, but I enjoy longer maps more. So I don't know where you get the "admins having quick games" from.

If an admin slays everyone after the map is over, do you call that abuse? I don't see how it effects anyone's game, except being somewhat amusing.

So you think it's okay for new players to do what ever they want with no reguard with what the commander asks them to do??? I don't think I've ever asked someone to build something and have them ask how. They just don't do it.

Everyone,

I appreciate the feedback, and I'm making some changes to make the server (such as the new MOTD / policy) and myself (less complaining in game, less yelling at newbs) more newb friendly.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol nah.. You threatened to ban all of us in a match on slaughtered so.. You did that more then once :p

The quick matches came from you saying that you had upped res and research because you didn't like long drawn out games and wanted them to go faster.. Even though you like the map money.. Which is the longest drawn out stalemate of a map ever created for emp..

And no slaying after the game is not abuse.. Its funny.. But I have been in game on district when an admin was drugging people but it didn't bother me but everyone else was bitching.. I don't want noobs to think the games sucks because of some stupid shit like that.. I really have always wanted this server to be the best it can be.. That's why I care so much and put all this input in..

I always help people when they need it.. I never stack teams.. I play for fun not to win.. And that's what I expect to see from admins and vets in this wonderful mod.. Show its some respect! not just you recon.. Everyone!

9. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I must have had a reason... Maybe you weren't listening to me (the commander)?
    Admins should never be drugging players during the game. I turned off drugs, fire and freeze bombs several days ago.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008