Expanding the Community

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ScardyBob, May 14, 2008.

1. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I've noticed that there have been a lot of new Empires players since Guns4Back2School put up its server. Most of them seem to be NS players who are giving Empires a try. It got me thinking that this might be a way to get more people playing Empires without having to wait for updates (i.e. no need to bother the Devs). We can see if other communities would be willing to host Empire servers so that their members try out Empires.

Any thoughts?

2. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

I agree. I've been playing on G4B2S since the day it was put online. It's actually quite a fun server, and although their admins have done a few questionable things at times (symbolic of a historical Mittoes-esque behavior), they're pretty cool and actively administrate their server to extinguish grievers and the like.

What I would particularly like to see in terms of servers, is at least one server that's 24/7 Comm Maps Only. That would be very nice for people to constantly familiarize themselves with commanding a real team of people, in opposition to creating a server with increased resources and timeless research speeds for learning the trees and basic commanding.

I would love to see a larger player community, and seeking out the big communities that host a lot of servers for both games and mods may encourage the sprouting of some new active servers.

Anything we can do is worth a shot, in my opinion.

3. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

Yes, but how to convince others to host Empire's servers? Plus, if they do, will there be enough players to populate them all?...

4. Empty

Empty Member

We have enough servers.
    The problem is the number of players.
    Seriously, we have enough slots for like, every player on HL2:DM

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Uhmmm... a good start would be that i dont, try to learn, commanding on the
    training server and totally flip out and throw random insults because nobody
    does what i say...

would be a good start....