entity types etc

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by SwampRat, Feb 22, 2008.

1. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

There have been mentions here and there around the forums of certain entities and fields that can be relevant for mapping (e.g. to make a repair pad building have a func_damage doing negative damage filtered to X entity type). Could someone put together a list of this sort of information (e.g. empires specific entities for filters or anything else that could be useful) that isnt easily accessible and sticky it or put it on the wiki? if it is easily accessible where would it be?

Another general / empires question, can we get entities such as plasma shells to spawn in a map (env/func_shooter?) or would they only exist as models and be useless?

More specifically to a map I'd like to make, but dont have time for really, do shells and missiles have health and can be destroyed through damage (disregarding whether or not you can actually damage them in-game (which you used to be able to but probably not now)) or is it just on collision?

2. Caelo

Caelo Member

3. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

He's asking for the entity names of entities you wouldn't normally place in a map. For example, the entity name of the demoman's grenade launcher projectile in TFC is gl_grenade. Typing "give gl_grenade" in the console would make you shoot one east.

4. Caelo

Caelo Member

ah ok :) nvm then...

5. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

It was that and/or the classes you can use for filtering damage (I've not tried it so don't know exactly the form, but there's been mention of one for general vehicles for each side and another for the comm of each side I think).

The one I had an interest in would be if theres a class for all projectiles (shells and rockets, preferably not grenades but who knows) for making some sort of shield in a map, but having a list easily accessible would be nice incase anyone needs it