engineer tool "repairs" heat

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OuNin, Jan 28, 2012.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

using a repair tool on a fully repaired vehicle should reduce its heat level quicker

this creates a risk/reward scenario in which engineers in tanks have points during which they are vulnerable at the benefit of more vehicle usage. in the event of assisting a tank as an engineer by keeping heat down, the vehicle becomes less mobile but more active.

additionally this encourages more people to tank as engineer at the cost of vulnerability to mines

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Has this been discussed before? I kinda like it.

3. Inside

Inside Member

+1 To this idea.

The risk vs. reward is well balanced in this case, I feel.

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

nuke tank + 2 repair engys = nuke spam
    Plasma vehicle + 2 repair engys = HEAT SPAM!

5. Inside

Inside Member

Nuke tank + 2 engies < 3 nuke tanks.

6. ViroMan

yes but not if your team can't afford it.

7. Inside

Inside Member

If your team can't afford additional nuke tanks, then you don't have much as far as tanks or defense goes then. Someone can just drive up and squash the engies cooling you down.

8. ViroMan

There are always going to be more people on foot then in tanks. Im simply saying that 1 tank with 2 support units will be exceptionally powerful in that it is getting repaired + dishing out even more. In my first post here I give example of at plasma vehicle... that vehicle is now an area denial turret. Make it a BE heavy with duel plasma cannons and 2 engys and even if 2-3 tanks came against it... it could shut them down. 3 tanks likewise equipped in S bend could hold a whole platoon of tanks back. Now im not saying that they couldn't counter with grenadiers or get arty or nukes or even more tanks... im just saying... well I said it already.

9. ImSpartacus

It's fucking teamwork. When you get multiple people working together like that, IT IS A GOOD THING. You reward them with success.

10. OuNin

OuNin Member

then you get that scene in saving private ryan where these german soldiers are towing these gun then they all get mowed down by smg fire

and it's super awesome

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

not sure. you can simply exit your tank to cool it down then keep shelling the base. its the same as with frontline repairs ...

also arties will become super efficient on chokepoint maps where people aint too dumb to keep the enemy walled out.
    no need for an engine, just take an engineer with you ;)

12. ImSpartacus

That's teamwork. Is there a problem with using your team to excel? Isn't the point?

Players should always be more effective when working together.

13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Been suggested before...still a good suggestion.

Also it means frontline repairs have to work on heat before repairing the hull/armour which makes sense.

14. OuNin

OuNin Member

i like the tactical aspect of that but it makes tanks harder to maintain

i think that may be a good thing

15. flasche

players ARE more effective when working together, no need to reward that even further ...

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I think it is, but i'm going to have to apologise for misreading your post, as I jumped the "fully repaired" part.

17. ImSpartacus

I call bullshit. That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

You can never have too many ways to encourage players to practice teamwork, even if they don't know they are doing it.

18. flasche

you can call bullshit all day long if you want, it doesnt make you right any more.

19. ImSpartacus

Saying that teamwork benefits are unnecessary since players are already effective when working together is like saying headshots are unnecessary since players with good aim are already effective because they get more bodyshots.

20. flasche

-deleted-

yeah ok mine was worse - anyway my argument was spam and no need for engines anymore, not that it would or would not promote teamwork.

also, if you implement it, you need to account for it and lower the engines cooling values.
    then it gets a requirement bc the enemy cools aswell - so that since now engis dont need to be base bitches anymore they can be tank bitches.
    and we end up with everyone being able to ecool their tanks bc enig-cooling is boring and boring should mean everyone has to do it.
    then we find out we could just make it automatically bc noone wants to do it.
    and at some point in the future we will just watch empires play itself bc everything is boring bc its automatic anyway.
    till we figure we could also let something else let watch it for us bc watching is boring aswell.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012