engine coolers

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by angry hillbilly, Jan 25, 2008.

1. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

i was playing MechWarrior 4 and i suddenly started to think about the engine coolers you can have for mechs. i think that to sort out heat problams on empieres this is the answer to it. The comm should be able to reaserch engine coolers for tanks and stuff so that when u have lots of MG's attached to ur APC the coolers would make the engine cool faster. and u could attach them to your vehicle and there could be a limit to the amout on each vehicle like 3 for a heavy tank and you could have diffent stages of them like:

Lv.1 cooler: speeds up cooling 15% per cooler.
    Lv.2 cooler: speeds up cooling 20% per cooler.
    Lv.3 cooler: speeds up cooling 30% per cooler.
    Lv.4 cooler: speeds up cooling 40% per cooler. (the higher the level the longer the reacherch time and more cost also level 3/4 could take up 2 slot)

this would stop anoyence of over heating and would be very cool (pun intended)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  2. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I think cooling is great as it is now.

For standard engine you can get the engy cooling upgrade and then work on better cooling engines. Each engine has its pros/cons

3. communism

communism poof

Isn't this the point of getting better engines? If your worried about cooling so much get advanced coolant and the engy skill

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Overheating is there for a reason, otherwise people would rush to get the coolers so their tanks never overheat and can fire Nukes all day long.

5. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

i still think it would be nice to add coolers because it could help engines agenst weapons like plasma that over heat engines fast. the number i sujested is just an example. but it is very annoying for heavy tanks even with coolent engine and engy skill when you have lots of cannons attached and 1 shot u fully over heat. could be balaced some how. also could be late game

6. communism

communism poof

Haha well what do you expect with the 6 shooter? Just outfit your tank differently and use missiles more

7. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If you use 6 single cannons on a heavy tank and fire them all at the same time, you deserve to overheat, since that isn't going to get you anywere. Use HE cannons, or use cannons with missiles.
    Plasma weapons need to have an advantage, adding a way to counter it unbalances them, since it makes the research useless.

8. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

how about if u could have coolers but if you put them on it disadvatiges your tank in some other way like less speed or something else...can u think of any thing to balance them?

9. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Pretend there is a cooler on there, the disadvantage is you shoot less.

10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

It could happen if you made your signature less annoying hillbilly

11. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

there is already cooling in empires.

it may need balancing though.

1*

12. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

How about just having an armor type that is insulating. It's ability to lessen the effect of heat-inducing attacks would be offset by making the tank less efficient at cooling. That would be much easier to code, and therefore more likely to be accepted.

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

there already are armours like that, as far as I know.

don't worry hillbilly, all new players have difficulty adjusting to the heat.

14. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

lawl burn!

No, seriously though. Advanced coolant engines and engine cooling are MORE then enough right now. If anything, some sort of... super cooling engine. But that's completely unneeded, because the fact of the matter is STANDARD CANNONS SUCK. They intentionally suck, and the cooling isn't so much an issue with any other weapon. Just get rid of your standard cannon as fast as you can, or at best use it as a backup for standard missiles and you'll be fine.

15. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

im not that new ive know about empires since 1.6 and played it since 2.0 came out.

anyway like i said to stop spamming thers a limit on how many coolers you can have on each tank/APC...etc. and level 3/4 takes up 2 slot plus those numbers i said r just sujestions, dont have to be that high.

16. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

what about a 'mild' counter-balance re: heat for empty vehicle slots.

ie: Lt with 1 cannon only cools faster then 1 cannon and 1 ML (the empty space helps 'cool' the vehicle)

and if you all hate this can we at least load extra ammo into slots we dont want weapons in ???

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I'm currently concerned that the heat and weight system encorages players to put one or possibly two weapons on their tank, with full armour. it means that they have a lot less heat troubles and last longer because of the increased armour. I'm just worried that this makes the mod a lot less interesting. I would much rather see people going around with missiles, machineguns, cannons and less armour, but there's really no incentive. So this will only encorage that.

I think too much.

18. >!JAMOY!<

>!JAMOY!< Member

what he is trying to say is the engiens overheat tooo fast maybe just 40% slower
    make the nuke fire speed longer then :P

19. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Nukes are already powerful enough, they don't need any more advantages. You people seem to only suggest things that decrease round time, and decrease fun and gameplay. Your idea would unbalance all the weapons, since they can all fire for longer periods of time before overheating.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  20. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

i dont exactily call overheating at the moment 'Fun' :(
    it doesnt have to be much cooling down but mabe by 25% might make thing more reasonable?