Engie Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by TrItOn, Jul 8, 2010.

1. TrItOn

TrItOn Member

I was playing on district402 the other day. The engy was limited to just heal, smg's, and seismic grenades. If we are gonna block the build features on a map the engy should get at least an extra pick on smoke or concussion grenades on loadout? Playing engy on 402 now is just a waste. Usless! Can we try that?
    THX

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i for one hate the "lets limit this part of gameplay because it does not it into the map this mapper has made"

sure, the argument that the mapper made it, and if he wants it to suck he can is a fine argument

but i don think the mapper is at fault, if a gameplay mechanic "does not work" in a certain situation but that situation almost rarely comes across in most maps so it kinda balances out

then its bad, and needs work

3. Empty

Empty Member

Concussion grenades would let him rape turrets so bad.
    Smoke grenades shouldnt even be a feature.

4. TrItOn

TrItOn Member

But with the no-build on the map there are no camera's, no turrets, and no ammo drops. The engy lost 3 abilities give him an extra choice of one other on the grenades selection?

5. Empty

Empty Member

It has to be useable on every map.

Turrets are an exception because they can be abused on infantry only.
    Level 1s and cameras tbh dont cause that much of a problem, map design is the main thing which causes stalemates.

6. TrItOn

TrItOn Member

Would be interesting to try. Just to see? Engy is too easy to kill anyway. Especially when the other team is nade spamming. Would be cool to see how it would affect overall gameplay at least for one test session. In certain circumstances, it would be really kewl to see the effect on trench warfare situations. Also, the apc rush with an engy or two early...?

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I don't like the turrets, even if they are lvl 1, they are impossible to get around, and rifleman should be the ones getting those kills. The engy camera and ammo box should always stay with the map.

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

that maps has really been stripped and killed in so many ways.. It once was just shitty and now it's shit...

Here's my advice to server owners.. Only play this map when you are tryna get a server populated. After that get it out of the rotation. It's not a 25 vs 25 type of map.

9. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

It depends on the map turret wise. The turrets are bad design in pure infantry combat with low damage output but high health. It works very well with base design, but on any infantry map it tends to falter.

As a consequence, the same thing that makes turrets too useful on infantry map makes revive a lot stronger. Without any turrets/walls separating what is held, what your team controls is a lot more fluid. Any one rush can remove you from a building, so revive is more important to keep everyone alive.

10. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Like nade spam wasn't bad enough, now you want your screen to be gray with flashy white lights every 2 seconds? :)

11. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Taking out the construction aspect of the engine kills the class, but they are needed for revives/heals. So if the major problem with turrets is the difficulty killing them, what about having a set of turrets for infantry only maps that can take damage from everything the same way that cameras take damage?

Move this to the suggestions thread?

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Man I just played on district in [420] and they had turrets and shit, and it was all good.

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

No. Turrets + District is shit. If it wasn't shit, then the teams were so dumb they should uninstall the game.

14. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

All other maps from Empires are dominated by the engineer. In my opinion district would work best completely without engineers. Just increase the tickets and the bleed and most of the problems are gone.

Not on district.
    Ammo boxes = Nade spam. Cameras = Impossible to flank.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  15. Trickster

Revive is still good.

16. Opie

Opie Member

Can we remove nades from district yet?

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Yea smoke nades a bitch.

18. Trickster

We did for a bit. It was fun.

19. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Why not do it again then?

20. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

I think any limitations on any map are fucking shit and a cop out from mappers. If you can't kill turrets, cameras, or whatever go back to playing cs. If you can't make a map for empires well... then don't make them.

But thats just my opinion.

This map used to be in my top 3 but now its shit.